Author of Arizona immigration law wants to end birthright citizenship

cavanami

This is all soooo much posturing.

Neither side wants to fix the problem. Republicans want illegals as cheap labor, and Dems want to court the hispanic vote. So both sides are going to pass silly laws and make make silly gestures (build the wall, deploy the guard, whatever ...) and in the end nothing will change.

I just wish someone could tell me where the Stunna's are ...

Exactly!

Ever since the USA bought this land over 150 years ago, the Federal government has spent almost no money over those years to secure the border. The truth of the matter is the rest of the country doesn't care nor wants to pay extra in taxes to do anything about it.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<< Exactly!

Ever since the USA bought this land over 150 years ago, the Federal government has spent almost no money over those years to secure the border. The truth of the matter is the rest of the country doesn't care nor wants to pay extra in taxes to do anything about it. >>

That is why Arizona supported the Confederacy in the American Civil War! The citizens gathered in Tucson to pass an ordinance of secession and raised volunteers to protect the place from the Injuns, since the US Army had all gone home and left them on their own. They are still on their own.

I've said this before but I think its worth re-stating. The President (and all the former ones) as well as the Congress have violated their oaths.

The border remains porous (both but the north is not an issue) and they are not protecting the country.

I don't think the supreme court would have the balls to agree with them but I think the border states have an open and shut case against the federal government with regards to protecting the border and leaving with them with economic and social costs of a porous border.

<< Exactly!

Ever since the USA bought this land over 150 years ago, the Federal government has spent almost no money over those years to secure the border. The truth of the matter is the rest of the country doesn't care nor wants to pay extra in taxes to do anything about it. >>

That is why Arizona supported the Confederacy in the American Civil War! The citizens gathered in Tucson to pass an ordinance of secession and raised volunteers to protect the place from the Injuns, since the US Army had all gone home and left them on their own. They are still on their own.

When the USA soldiers pulled out of the Territory of Arizona at the beginning of the Civil War, what the soldiers could not carry in supplies, food, etc., they burned. Even today, there are debates as to exactly where some of these military camps existed.

When the soldiers left Arizona, the Indians and Mexicans 'retook' the land.

Some people spent decades trying to get back the land that once was there. For most, if not most, the lost of their land was - a total lost. One man spent almost 50 years trying to get back his land - no luck. The Federal government just didn't care.

Arizona was looked upon as a barren, no-man's land. The railroad didn't get to Tucson till 1880 and didn't arrive in Tombstone in the early 1900's.

The Apaches didn't help matters much. President Grant created a reservation for Cochise's people but when Cochise died, the reservation was dissolved by Grant. This was probably one of many incidences that brought about Indian problems.

When silver was 'refounded' in Tombstone, then the Territory started to become important. But when the Tombstone mines got flooded, it went back being viewed as a no man's land.

A Dutchman probably knows as much about Arizona as Obama does. ;)

A Dutchman is more likely to find Arizona on a map than the Average American school kid...

I dont know about other Dutchman. But one of my natural talents seems to be geography. I can even outdo most Thais I know on the geography of their own country. This constantly gets me in trouble with Thais that I made loose face. Especially my boss in the comedy group.

Arizona and New Mexico would not be to difficult to point out on a map. The New England States would be a lot more difficult for me though.

Archived