Author of Arizona immigration law wants to end birthright citizenship

cavanami

May I have opinions about places in Thailand outside of Bangkok or just inside the city? :hmmm:

You are asking the wrong guy. Apparently, I am not supposed to have opinions, or express them anyway on things that happen in places where I don't live...like BKK for example.

If it were up to me, sure say what you want, but I may be alone in my thinking. All I've been hearing in many threads lately is how only expats with years of living in corporate BKK know what is what. Apparently expats with different views as well as Thais with different views don't know shit, and farangs who don't live there shouldn't say anything...so naturally, I assume this extends to all other areas of discussion and expression. but hey..."up to you..."

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, so do nothing, let as many come as they want and do nothing? I have no idea what world you live in, but where I am, these people cause real problems...from the gangsters to the honest just want to work for a buck guys...like or not, we need to do something about it...play all the race cards, make all the claims you want...the fact remains, these people are causing a problem...and it needs to be dealt with.

First, address some of the issues.

Do you want to pay more in taxes to put up a wall along the Mexican border?

Second, do you want to pay more in taxes to imprison these people?

Third, the main problem is drugs. Half of the people that want drugs get them legally (prescription) and the other half get their drugs thru the illegal drug trade. Why can't this isuue be addressed?

"...This is an imaginary crisis..."

Bullshit! Where do you live anyway? I may have to coin a popular phrase and say "if you don't live here/there then you have no clue and thus your opinion is meaningless..." :stirthepo:stirthepo:stirthepo

I live in a state which has a higher population of illegal immigrants than Arizona, according to numbers obtained from the Dept. Homeland Security.

It absolutely is not a crisis. The oil spill in the Gulf is a crisis. The financial meltdown in 2008 was a crisis. This is just a fantasy that Americans indulge in when times are tough. History repeating itself. American as apple pie. Scapegoat the immigrants, they are the easiest target in the world. When times are good, you hear about growers complain of their crops dying in the fields because they cannot find people to pick them

I been poking around trying to get numbers. One thing I find is that illegal immigration has been going down since 2008, and deportations and preventions have been up. I would like to see more numbers on the "batting average" of the stops of borders. This documentation is hard to find. And no, you cannot trust statistics from the tea bagger websites, they just pull their data out of their anal pores.

Believe it or not, I do believe laws should be enforced, and bad laws should not be left unenforced but changed.

But as I see it, if you are serious about stopping illegal immigration, then you need tougher sanctions on the people who are paying their salaries. Let us suppose we had more draconian penalties. Say a Walmart gets caught having illegal immigrants doing work, even if as part of an external contractor. Their store gets confiscated, all the merchandise confiscated, the assets are auctioned off, and the money goes to fund the border patrol. Or say Old Hippie is shagging an illegally immigrant - Mexican babe as hot as Selma Hayek. I do not know OH but let us stipulate there is no way he would get in the same time zone as this babe unless he was paying her hundreds of dollars. Good stuff is going on, she is giving him the BJ of the century... then--- RAID!, the INS comes in and verifies that she was here without the proper green card. OH gets his apparatus cut off, sure, swift and complete justice.

Unless you start putting punishments like this on the people who pay their salaries, you are not fucking serious about immigration.

There is talk about having guest worker programs. Back to the topic here, the 14th amendment could be a sticking point, as I don't see it being constitutional to voluntarily forgo citizenship

Ok' date=' so do nothing, let as many come as they want and do nothing? I have no idea what world you live in, but where I am, these people cause real problems...from the gangsters to the honest just want to work for a buck guys...like or not, we need to do something about it...play all the race cards, make all the claims you want...the fact remains, these people are causing a problem...and it needs to be dealt with.[/quote']

First, address some of the issues.

Do you want to pay more in taxes to put up a wall along the Mexican border?

This reminds me of a joke from the routine of Carlos Mencia.

"Let's say you round up all the beaners and send them back to Mexico, and then plan to build a wall.

Who's gonna to build the wall?

"

I was going to say I lived in Arizona, and use this link:

http://voices.kansascity.com/node/9122

to recruite people here vote for Kansas in the Kansas vs. Arizona round of the stupidest state contest here:

http://www.hbo.com/real-time-with-bill-maher/inside/extras/extras/stupidest-state.html

But Arizona already has beaten Kansas and advances to the next round, Arizona vs. Alabama.

Its the Final Four, with Texas vs. Mississippi in the other bracket. I predict it will be Arizona vs. Texas, and I don't have any odds on who will win that one. The competition is fierce.

The wall is a joke, they'd tunnel under it, or break it down. I do agree, the way to stop this is to punish those who hire them. But local cops can also enforce no loitering laws to stop them from just standing on corners looking for work etc...and you're right, I'd have to pay a lot for a broad like Selma! And I would if I could!

BT,

Pay to imprison them? not really, just send them back...or make them work on prison road crews etc...get something for the expense...but sending them back is a must. 2nd, keep them out, but drastic means if necessary. 3rd, yes punish those

who hire them. The drug problem...what drugs are they bringing in and how? cut off the "trade routes" and you stop the flow, or greatly curtail it. Plenty still comes in by air and water. Plenty of drugs are made in the USA...meth and weed etc...your do nothing and let it continue approach solves nothing.

The wall is a joke, they'd tunnel under it, or break it down. [color:red]I do agree, the way to stop this is to punish those who hire them.[/color] But local cops can also enforce no loitering laws to stop them from just standing on corners looking for work etc...and you're right, I'd have to pay a lot for a broad like Selma! And I would if I could!

BT,

Pay to imprison them? not really, just send them back...or make them work on prison road crews etc...get something for the expense...but sending them back is a must. 2nd, keep them out, but drastic means if necessary. 3rd, [color:red]yes punish those

who hire them.[/color] The drug problem...what drugs are they bringing in and how? cut off the "trade routes" and you stop the flow, or greatly curtail it. Plenty still comes in by air and water. Plenty of drugs are made in the USA...meth and weed etc...your do nothing and let it continue approach solves nothing.

Why should an employer have to verify that the documents a person produces so as to work are legitimate? That is the job of Homeland Security.

Why can't the Border Patrol patrol the border?

The answer: If the Border Patrol continues to fuck up, the people will beg the government to put troops on the border and possibly federalize all the local cops under Homeland Security. Igf that should happen, we are really fucked!

Archived