600 Baht Barfines Are Here (?!?!)

Savittre

for me it's getting ridiculous.

600 bht barfine -- yes, I pay and hate it -- I do 'cause I can check her out - just scared getting one with hanging titts or stress marks. I'm still not willing paying more than 1000 ST or LT - eventually 100-300 bht Taxi money.

Never take a girl which tells me "How much you can give me" ... this is a full stop for me.

Had top long gun show girls and no complaint about my 1000, but yes the girls getting spoiled big times ... 4 000 for LT and 2-3000 for ST I really dislike these guys who screwing up the prices.

I see the girls expecting more .. I could give them more, but it's out of principle.

My common argument is .. department store jobs pay 5-6 000 bht -- you make so much more. Answer was: Yeah, but I work Pussy and can get AIDS. ... what can I say?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Inflation is irrelevant and so is your salary; the bar owners should charge whatever the market will bear. You are welcome to shop around and find the best deal you can, but can't expect everyone to pay the same as you do. I'll agree that it is stupid to pay more when there is an equally attractive choice available, but often there is not. Spending an hour or two scouring the streets and propositioning girls I find less attractive is not worth the savings (to me).

Farangdang,

I agree fully with your comments and sure understand the others too....

If you come like once a year, who cares for a 100 Bt extra, but if one comes frequently or lives there, then yes, a 100 Bt many times does make a difference as well.........

I have been there many times. It's much more third world than anywhere in Thailand. The standard of hotels are appalling and it's dirty and the food doesn't compare to Thai food. If you can put up with all that, the girls are lovely and on a par with Thais. You can have a decent conversation with them in English and they cost half as much as in Thailand. There is not a whole lot to do in Angeles other than drink and butterfly but its got its own charm. I still think its worth a visit just for the experience.

Hi hansum_man,

In February of this year, I barfined a go-go girl from a bar in Pattayaland Soi 2 for 7 nights in a row smile.gif and was paying 500 Baht barfine and 1000 per day to her, we were together on a 24 hour basis (LT).

Of course, there's lots more to choose from than just the go-go bars. I paid a 200 Baht barfine in a beer bar in Pattaya just a couple of weeks ago.

It's the attitude that gets to me. For example, going back to 'the good old days' on Patpong there were barfines, but the girls didn't want you to pay them! At that time, the bars closed at 1 am, and the girls' rationale was to hang out at the bar 'till then, at which time you could leave with her and have no barfine to pay. I felt that the ladies approach to the issue, in those days, was more considerate of us, and I liked it that way. As far as whether the BF's 400, 500 or 600, it's not the main point to me, I'm not THAT financially strapped. It's the greed that has gotten into the environment, the way the current mentality seems to be to screw every last bit of cash they can out of us. We're only Walking ATM's. Yes I can agree that they should be out for all they can get, I think their working lives are relatively short, but I also like an arrangement where the lady feels happy/content with the compensation she's getting from you and you don't feel you're getting robbed, either.

I have a question- If the bar closes at 2, and you've been hanging out with a lady you like, and she wants to go with you, and it's 2 now and the bar's closing, do you have to pay a BF for taking the lady or not? The rationale behind BF is that you're taking the lady out of the bar, therefore the BF compensates the bar for the loss of an attractive hostess who, had she stayed at the bar, would generate income for the bar by getting guys to stay and spend money at the bar. But if the bar's closing, that rationale doesn't apply. HOWEVER I was in fact once hit on to pay bar at 2 am, and did. Was the bar right or wrong to impose barfine at 2am on me?

Anyway, it's academic.... I'm in Cambodia now, and the word 'Barfine' doesn't even exist. wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

i think that sometimes they still want you to pay the BF even if its late- because they have to meet a minimum quota of BF's each per month or something like that

[color:blue]Well I believe no they shouldn't charge what they can get!

thats just ripping off people and inflates the market..

yeah today its 600, tomorrow its 1000....

st now is 1000, tomorrow its 2000, now lt 1500, tomorrow 2500

why because they can..FARANGDANG..thats a stupid comment...like the other guys said its not about the money its the principal... color=blue>

By no stretch of the imagination can this be considered "ripping people off". If the bars were all owned by one company (a monopoly) and raised prices it would be. If they lured you in with one price and then raised it once you got there, it would be.

The "principle" is not that prices should remain at some random low value that you decide. The principle is that all the customers and all the bar owners figure out what a fair price is.

[color:blue]Tourist are coming to thailand everyday, rich people, or normal people ready to blow hundreds of dollars on thai girls.

they don't give a shit if the BF is 1000 , or the girl is 2000 ST.

why should they they are on holiday, and they will pay it..

but what it does is, over time, a couple of years the market has just been inflated right under our feet.... color=blue>

How can you argue that 500B BF is a fair price but that 1000B is not? Why should the girls make any more money than a shop girl or the staff that cleans the BTS stations? Isn't sitting on your ass all day in a bar a lot easier than sweeping a dusty road in the sun? The answer is that you don't get to decide what the price is. The bar owners and girls will figure out the price for you. If it turns out that selling your body for sex is not as desirable a job as being a department store girl, then the bar girls will command a higher salary. If the prices are so outrageously high then more girls will enter the bar (thus causing lower prices again). If bars are so incredibly profitable, more bars will open up.

Demanding low prices is naive and self-centered. Everyone desires low prices for the goods and services they use, but complaining when others don't offer them at below market prices is cheap and whiney.

[color:blue]so one day the sexual mecca known as Thailand wont be so cheap anymore...color=blue>

What's wrong with that? God forbid that Thai people would want their economy to improve and actually be a more productive, efficient society.

[color:blue]for OZZIES, Kiwi.s, its already a little bit dare..for brits, US folks, still a bargain,,and the japanese, koreans, well its still a paradise for them economically......... color=blue>

Why not peg the BF at 50B and ST at 200B? Most Thai men are already priced out of the market for their own women. If we should artificially keep prices low for the Aussies, why not be completely fair and lower it all the way?

[color:blue]If you come like once a year, who cares for a 100 Bt extra, but if one comes frequently or lives there, then yes, a 100 Bt many times does make a difference as well......... color=blue>

It certainly does hurt those with low or fixed-incomes. It is unfortunate, but there's nothing that can be done about that. This is exactly why it is foolish to retire or "drop out" (to Thailand or anywhere) with just enough money to get by. You can't expect things to stay the same.

All the old expats can sit around all day complaining about how expensive things are and how things have changed for the worse. If it entertains them fine, but I don't want to have to listen to it. I do have some sympathy for them, but not for young guys who are just cheap and have many options available (i.e. they aren't tied to Thailand in some way yet).

Archived