600 Baht Barfines Are Here (?!?!)

Savittre

[color:blue]I agree with you DB, It is the domestic buying power.color=blue>

Actually the domestic buying power is irrelevant too. Does it really matter to me (an american) whether Aussies can still afford Thai sex holidays? No. Does it even matter to me that other Americans have the same pussy buying power as they had 10 years ago? No. It matters how my buying power has changed and to a lesser extent that of my friends and acquaintances.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:blue]I think the issue is also for the ex-pats, tourists do with out a doubt drive up inflation! Just look at San Francisco, New York and Honalulu, the tourist have really screwed stuff upfor the locals.color=blue>

Don't blame the tourists. Blame the locals who profit from the tourists; those who develop the tourist trade. Locals in all these places often want to have it both ways: they want the income from the tourists, but don't want any of the negatives (higher prices, overcrowding, traffic, ...). Certainly some people get squeezed, those who don't own any property and have little voice in local government. However, unless the government is corrupt I don't know what you can do about that.

[color:blue]Sure selectivity is part of it, but for one thing I don't know how far sucxh a campaign would get. This board maybe touches on 1/100 of 1% of all sanukers, if that much. So, clearly, market forces are going to play out unaffected by any doctrine, no matter how sound.

Prices are what they are because someone will pay them. Unsold services are a result of over-capacity. In time prices retreat -- first some non-competitive establishments fold, borderline ones bring prices down and a few keep prices high to serve a self-selecting clientele. color=blue>

This is right on point. Having your own personal limits on what you are going to pay will make very little difference in the long run. People should do whatever it takes to keep within their own budget, but don't worry about anyone else. For some, I think, it is actually part of the game; with prostitution everywhere there's no longer the pursuit of finding a woman to sleep with you, only finding a good one at the cheapest price (or within some arbitrary limit you've set for yourself).

So I'll continue to pay 1000B, 2000B even 5000B for ST if I feel like it. It really doesn't affect you, unless you walk into the same bar 5 minutes after me. I would never steal a girl from someone else by bidding with him or flashing cash to get the girl to come to me. (But I have taken a girl who couldn't agree on a price with the previous guy.)

[color:blue]It's kind of a hard to get a handle on where the price point should be really. Bars are in the odd position of selling both goods and services at retail, so it's hard to say whether they really do better with a high BF, fewer girls and cheap drinks OR low/no BF, more girls and pricey drinks. I think I need a spreadsheet.color=blue>

There isn't really a single price point, or at least there shouldn't be. I would actually prefer it if there were gogo bars in SC or NEP where the BFs were 1000B and the drinks were a little more expensive, but there were many more stunners and the place was comfortable and relatively clean. The Soi 33 bars are close, but I've never had a great time in those places unless I was with friends (and I've never BFed a girl there; the "relationship" thing was too fuzzy for me).

I think in general the prices are pretty fair, because there are so many bars and the competition is great. There are still a few niches left unfilled (e.g. my upscale gogo/pool hall with attached ST room), but maybe there isn't enough demand. One problem with the Thai market is finding the right place for the right customer. The internet has helped a lot, but still for most customers (including myself), even the mediocre places are still pretty damn good, so they never move on to find the best place (for them).

This thread has gotten a bit tumultous, or maybe that just comes with all the opinions. I would like to say that some of the smaller bars in NEP seemed willing to take under 600B Barfine, but then again I have no idea what to attribute this to. The regularity of my visits? consistency with girls? or just that it is lower? Hmm. The mamasan and me are familiar here, I just don't think to ask questions, and do not care for the beach scene... so, I know nothing about the prices there.

Haggling is up to you of course, and I think it's preposterous to even postulate about influencing a fucking economy. It is a country, and it's absurd. There will always be places to accomodate different people of various means from MP's to Poseidon to Soi 33. Live within your own means --- idealizing Thailand is myopic, and diluted. It is what it is, and will inevitably change, and the advent of guidebooks, computer booking of airline fares... all this stuff has made the world more reachable in all ways for those who previously might have never considered such adventurous travels. The money will be there. Speaking of bitching about barfines Old Hippie, when are you next due to LOS?

San Francisco is still in a hangover from dot-coms and tourism that is certain.

Lastly, advice? Paying a barfine -- yes it is understandable even at 2 A.M. because there is a quota, but do you find it agreeable ever with a girl to wait until the end of the night? I find people staying in the bars with girls to 2, and the girl saying this is their customer, but is this that they are meeting after to avoid BF? I know this is navigable with girls you know oftentimes, but what are the experiences with girls you just met? Will they often agree to avoid the BF, and hang out with you to go later outside the bar? this is long so I'll quit.

Hi the_numbers,

You say 'yes it is understandable even at 2 A.M. because there is a quota, but do you find it agreeable ever with a girl to wait until the end of the night? I find people staying in the bars with girls to 2, and the girl saying this is their customer, but is this that they are meeting after to avoid BF? I know this is navigable with girls you know oftentimes, but what are the experiences with girls you just met?'

Well, I'll tell you, in this case, it was a girl I'd just met. I wasn't even thinking about taking her back to my place, but she propositioned me, and I accepted. That's why we were still at the bar at 2 am.

Again, in my understanding, the BF compensates the bar for the loss of a hostess who, had she stayed at the bar, would have generated income for the bar by chatting up the guys, getting them to stay longer and spend more money. So, with respect, I do not think it's fair to impose a barfine when it's closing time for the bar.

Sorry guys, I hit LOS for the first time in december 1990, BF's were 300 in gogo's. Since they went up to 500 I don't take BG's out of gogo's any more. And stop the bullshit about how cheap the dollar was x years ago, I am not paid in USD.

There are other places to find girls and I don't pay more than 1.000LT neither. Stupid to pay more and more and more....

----------------------------------------

I agree with you one hundred %. Nothing to say more.

I seem to recall a few bars in the PI waiving the BF if you bought so many lady's drinks and or beers. I remember having a brief debate with a mamasan there as to the fact that I had bout 3 different ladys drinks, which added up to the requirement for one lady. She didn't buy my argument though...

Archived