to generate 8-10 BF's a month. If they do not meet their

quota they are penalized 800 Bt for each BF under their

monthly quota. they are rewarded 100 Bt for each BF

above their quota.

Considering the fact that on a given night many of the girls

would be BF'd the bar needs to maintain a much larger pool

of girls.

Paying a BF at 2 a.m I think is more than fair since you met

her at the bar, and you were probably there for that reason.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O.k. I don't want to piss anyone off here, but I'll say it again, the rates have stayed about the same when you adjust for the conversion rates. I agree, we need to keep things in line the best we can, but the general cost of living has gone up a bit, even in LOS. We can't expect bar girls and bar owners to starve, just because we want things cheap! The best we can do, is reward the places that keep the prices in line with our business, and avoid the places that charge to much. It is what we would do anywhere else. If the prices get to out of hand, I doubt a lot of guys would bother going to LOS. How many tourists do you see flocking to the USA for sanuk filled holidays at $200/1hr short times? Maybe a guy hits a piece once during his stay, but the average guy would go broke trying to have 2-3 sts a day!, Forget about long times at these prices.

If 400bht or 500 or 600 whatever is to much, don't pay it, and go with a freelancer who is in your price range. If you really "NEED" to have that girl at whatever bar, and the BF is 600bht, then pay it or "die" without her... after all, it is up to you...

What's wrong with that? God forbid

that Thai people would want their economy to improve and actually be a

more productive, efficient society.

whats wrong with that?..everything..

we don't need another Korea, Japan, singapore.

keeping Thailand 3rd world is what is the attraction for everyone... We are all here on this planet for 80-100

the future generations should have a place like Thailand, A place in the world which is cheap, beautiful, great culture..

they will already have Japan, Korea, Sing, etc...for that expenisve fast life....

In my opinion I don't want to see thailand change!..

It's already chaging to much..the world is turning to fast, this whole globe is losing culture and unique paradises due to globalization..I dont want to see Starbucks, Everywhere in the world I go.... I like street vendors, small family owned stores, I like annoying sales people trying to sell me something I dont want...

I live in Korea now have been here for 5 years, the last 5 years has changed so much its not funny, when I first came here there were vendors, sales people everywhere, small stores etc...cheap, bla bla,, now its the second Japan...

the expats always talk about how great it was the ole days...

point is I dont want to see thailand move in Koreas footsteps.

sad thing to say, but hey life is short, the lands are big..

I want a place on this map like thailand..

peace...

This is a very egoistic approach.

Thailand as well as other SE Asian countries deserve economical improvement of their societies. Whether one likes it or not I firmly believe that the future of Thailand will be brighter than the present. Thailand certainly will not be a second Japan or Korea but perhaps there are some lessons to be learnt by the Chinese. Who could -ten years ago- predict the fast development of Chinas Eastern regions.

If we really like Thailand we must hope that the standard of living for the whole population will increase considerably over the next decade or so. IMHO this does not mean that the great culture of Thailand will suffer.

jp1

whats wrong with that?..everything..

we don't need another Korea, Japan, singapore.

keeping Thailand 3rd world is what is the attraction for everyone... We are all here on this planet for 80-100

the future generations should have a place like Thailand, A place in the world which is cheap, beautiful, great culture..

I have a bit of a problem with this, are you really suggesting we keep people down for our (cheap) entertainment? This sounds bad dude, really bad...

This is a very egoistic approach.

Thailand as well as other SE Asian countries deserve economical improvement of their societies.

DESERVE HUH?..what only South East Asia,

almost the whole world is struggling. even people in the states can't feed their families, homeless, jobless, legless..

what about europe same thing..ITALY, the average wage for an Italian is like 1-3 thousand a month...ITALY for god sake.

England, enough said.. no 1 more..AFRICA!

ok people don't get me wrong..I am not saying let the people starve! I am not saying keep the economy down so we benefit.

What I am saying is I don't want to see Thailand go through a economical boom like Korea went through after 88 games...

and the 97 IMF.crissis whatever..it made korea stronger..

if that was to happen to Thailand I think the Thai people would suffer later on..same would benefit of course, became super rich.but still their will be the unfortunate...

hotel prices would sky rocket, food , drinks, items, services, entertainment, etc...all to handle the new inflations by the government which needs more tax dollars to pay debts to creditors abroad etc.....

NO THANKS..then I guess cambodia, loas, will see a huge inflax of tourist...WHY..because 3rd world style living is what we like..thats why we came here...If we wanted to see modern surroundings and pay 10bucks for a beer we would all be in Singapore shopping in beautiful department stores, walking on clean streets, developed cities, paying through the nose....

I don't mind paying !..I don't care paying 600 BF I don't care paying 2000ST I am on holiday when I came to Thailand I want to do things I want to do and If I want to have sex then I will pay 50 bucks all night..50bucks..SO WHAT!!!!I am on holiday I had few drinks I wait sex now bam bam..50bucks still real cheap to me...

so be it...BUT..in defense to inflation, and thats where I camke in on this subject...ITs not good..I should not be so eager to pay 50, with the attitude so what I don't care...

principle !!!..if the rate is 30..thats what I should have paid...

then after the deal drop a extra 20 and say extra tip I liked your style..thats ok..because they will try and always ask 50.other wise...

OLD HIPPIE..if your reading this..no your right dude..

its really sad to keep the thai people down for our entertainment pleasures...

I am not saying that....!

what I am saying is..

well I think I just said it before...

I dont know,,you know I just don't want to see Thailand became the next GOLDCOAST..or ACAPULCO,,you know what I mean..I like it just the way it is...of course I don't like seeing all the beggers, homeless people, poor families etc...

I wish we could help them..THE FACT IS..even if Thailand over the next 10 years was to go through a rapid ecomomical boost..those same people mentioned would still be left out..

the rich get rich...

anyway...

My opinion..thailand is doing fine just how it is..

what they need to do is clean out the political system, coruption in the government etc...thats the start..that will make it fair for the people...now the only people keeping the THais down are the Thais themselves!!!!

I agree with you DB, It is the domestic buying power. I didn't mean to gloss over, just sort of well, glossed over it! I think the issue is also for the ex-pats, tourists do with out a doubt drive up inflation! Just look at San Francisco, New York and Honalulu, the tourist have really screwed stuff upfor the locals. Like I said, I think the only solution is to be selective where we spend our money.

[color:blue]mysteryman: What I am saying is I don't want to see Thailand go through a economical boom like Korea went through after 88 games... and the 97 IMF.crissis whatever..it made korea stronger...color=blue>

Maybe you were too involved with Korea to notice, but Thailand has already gone through this at least once, maybe more. And it will almost certainly happen again, cycles like this are a natural part of growth.

You may have a few reasonable concerns, but they are buried under a confusing and imperialistic rant. We would all love it if Thailand kept more or less the same culture (from say 30 years ago), but that the Thai standard of living had increased greatly, but that the prices for us were still low, but that there were few tourists (other than us) who caught on to this fact. Of course, all of these things are impossible at the same time.

So let Thai people decide what they want to value and where their priorities are. You can voice your opinion and fight for the little guys over the greedy rich, but if you want anyone to listen you're going to have to sound a lot less condescending and imperialist.

The bottom line is that your rant has absolutely nothing to do with BF and ST prices. Associating those with your dream of eliminating corruption and cleaning up the political system sounds self-serving at best.

Archived