Obama Plans to Cut Social Security Next

cavanami

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a poll on the news about what voters are saying are their most important concern and jobs/uemployment topped the list by a long shot. Terrorism, health care, were way down the list.

Wasn't it Clinton's campaign who said to the elder Bush 'Its the economy stupid'?

People seem to figure that if they've got a job, it will come with health care. They'll also have enough money to pay other bills too. :dunno:

Where you been? a lot of jobs are cutting insurance, or just plain don't offer it, or offer it, but with an expensive copayment...the government has been trying to tax it as income for years...and in general, wages are down...bills are up...

1 in 5 working americans between 18-64 have no health insurance and 1 in 6 americans between those ages have no insurance (counting those "not looking for jobs"). Another 20% of americans have insurance but it is crappy insurance. So, 40% of working americans (over 90 million americans) either don't have insurance or have crappy insurance. For tose that want to get rid of the new health care laws, I wouldn't use those statistics to support my argument.

A good health insurance for a family in the USA costs $1200 ~ $1400 / month.

Most families can not afford it.

I "re-sized" to a crappy health insurance, due to the insane costs of the "good" insurance.

$10,000 deductible / year.

With that deductible I will not be using the insurance except in an extreme crisis.

Cost: $350/month, not much of a bargain but that is how it works in the US these days.

Of course, there is no dental or eye care in this policy.

Archived