Gift for a TG?

kamui

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since she reads books I am currently tending more to Friedrich Nietzsche "Thus Spoke Zarathustra"* or Heidegger's "Being and Time"**. But I have not decided yet which of the two books is more interesting for an Isaan farm girl.

:content:

PS: But if she knows the two books already I will send her an original Steiff stuffed toy.

** ;)

What, no Schopenhauer or Wittgenstein?

Ha. You mentioned you listen to audio books when you run eh? You know what's funny, the one and only 'book on tape' I own is Charlton Heston reading a reference guide on Nietzsche. How weird is that? Given to me as a gift while at Uni.

I remember being at an REM concert at the metropol in Berlin, and Michael Stipe tried to get the audience to chant in unison some political statement. And as I looked around, the people in the audience weren't going for it. The only ones chanting his mantra and raising their hands were foreigners (embarrassingly, many American tourists and soldiers).

And it struck me as one of the beautiful things about contemporary Germans, a very reserved, self-critical and thoughtful people unwilling to join in some mob 'feel good' exercise, because it was silly and empty.

Ps. Wagner kicks ass.

I read this thread as a warning to all punters active within inner Bangkok : before getting involved with a Thai working girl , Lumpini based or Soi 33 , bettter make sure she reads and understands a least some Schopenhauer . And her music preferences should clearly direct any conversation towards Wagner and associates . " Dahlin you tingtong "

I read this thread as a warning to all punters active within inner Bangkok : before getting involved with a Thai working girl , Lumpini based or Soi 33 , bettter make sure she reads and understands a least some Schopenhauer . And her music preferences should clearly direct any conversation towards Wagner and associates . " Dahlin you tingtong "

Now you are clearly exaggerating!!!

I don't think that a BG should have read German philosophers or German writings at all. It would be sufficients if she knows Salinger's "Catcher in the Rye" or Nabokov's "Lolita", but Leather's "Private Dancer" would do it as well.

:dunce:

Archived