Photo Opporchancities

The_Munchmaster

It is a one-shot, but you might take the skytrain to Chit Lom station, then walk to Siam station. This will take you past Central World, where you can see the repair work underway.

On the south side of Central World, they've put up a fence for the construction zone, and the big signs on the fence all emphasize "communication" and "hope". Those might be worth a shot for your memory book.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys, it's clear to me now that you all know far more about where to take a good photo than where to get an upmarket drink! :cover:

But seriously forks, you've given me some good ideas, so thanks for that. :up:

No need to stop though, so anyone else with any other ideas please feel free to post. :content:

Never take advice on photography from OH....he is a crap photographer.

Me on the other hand am an excellent one and suggest trying to do some random potraits. Best photos usually are the ones you don't plan. Like OH suggests are the flower market at Pak Khlong Talad, it starts around 2.00 pm. Monk's Bowling Making Village in Wat Saket somewhere I have always wanted to visit but never been and finally always something interesting to see in Lumpini.

Munchie, the trip OH and I took is on the Nancy Chandler map, a great map by the way.

It is on the south bank side of Bangkok, a small trainline that starts there and heads down to the samat prakan I think area.

Train is expensive, 15 baht, goes once every half hour.

Terminates in a market in a major fishing port, about a 1 hour train ride.

I think we posted on board somewhere the name etc.

It's a great trip.

Another great thing to do is to find the train line that cuts across Suk SOi 1, under the trainpass, and walk back along it.

It goes for about 1 km, fascinating (dangerous) walk.

Ends up down behind the main road parallel to Suk near the new BTS station to the aiport.

Down there you will find another market no one white visits, as well as some klongs and lakes/bores. These look as if your 100 km's out of Bangkok.

Your always welcome to come up north east to a village I am sure.

You could miss the monk's bowl "village" if you blinked. There are only about 3 families that make the bowls the traditional way now. They've almost been put out of business by mass production. Interesting to talk to them though. One fellow was quite proud of Sean Connery buying several of his bowls a few years back. Aother vanishing tradition is represented by the few Bangkok shops that still make and repair pedal samlors. When samlors were banned in Bangkok in the late 1960s, the samlor drivers pedalled off to Chiang Mai in a huge procession. Must have been something to see!

Archived