How Do I Report Child Abuse???

Ok, so we agree on something. And this is the point of...well...my point.

We agree on a lot of things OH. As we found when you met me. It is how we control our selves where we differ.

I would gladly debate just about any subject with you, but I will not respond to blanket repugnance of entire groups, nor the drawing of ridiculous conclusions and personal attacks backed up by a virtual shouting fest.

If you can debate in a rational manner, I am all ears.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There should be a category "None of the above". If "None of the above" gets a majority, the parties have to choose new candidates and hold another election - which they will have to pay for. :beer:

I've been saying something similar for years!

Actually, I also like the Oz method for voting: public holiday (not a work day as in the US) and everyone eligible must vote or be fined (maybe get more folks interested in what's *actually* happening instead of just parroting "me too").

LK - have to agree, I've never understood why USA votes on a work day, hard enough to get people to vote, but to do it on a main work day is nuts. I don't think USA would turn into a dictatorship if the rules changed to "First Saturday after the Tuesday blah blah!

Google is your buddy!

In 1845, the United States was largely an agrarian society. Farmers often needed a full day to travel by horse-drawn vehicles to the county seat to vote. Tuesday was established as election day because it did not interfere with the Biblical Sabbath or with market day, which was on Wednesday in many towns.

Also, with the advent of early voting and absentee ballots, there is no excuse why people, esp those that are actually in the USA, could not vote. In my home town you have about 30 days to get to the election office.

Archived