How Do I Report Child Abuse???

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct, most of the population is defective when it comes to actually voting, so if you want them included maybe it's time to change the system.

I do think if the USA did change, something as simple as the day and making it compulsory, then the results could well be what establishment doesn't want, just a guess.

Ok' date=' so we agree on something. And this is the point of...well...my point.[/quote']

We agree on a lot of things OH. As we found when you met me. It is how we control our selves where we differ.

I would gladly debate just about any subject with you, but I will not respond to blanket repugnance of entire groups, nor the drawing of ridiculous conclusions and personal attacks backed up by a virtual shouting fest.

If you can debate in a rational manner, I am all ears.

Hard to be rational when it comes to this, strikes to close to home. In any event. I am deeply sorry for any personal attack on you, or your profession. there is indeed good and bad in all. My experience aside, I can only offer an apology, an a promise of a bottle of black the next time we meet. I will explain further in a day or so Via PT. Until then, sorry if I got to personal. No doubt time, explanation and black will sort it all...until then...sorry dude.

• 1 month later...

well this has been a thoroughly interesting thread and has actually caused me to consider the effects of my own childhood and upbringing. I have never really considered myself as "abused" during childhood. But its one of those things that what is normal to me is likely not on for all of you. Overall, physical discipline is not something that is really discussed etc.

Growing up I had a difficult childhood due to behavioral issues which later turned out to be massive food allergies to any artificial coloring and undiagnosed ADHD. Back then it was pretty spotty diagnosing most of those things.

Anyway, my dad was away alot working but discipline for me was the time honored line up and get 15 or 20 wacks with the belt or the wooden spoon or the kettle cord. In fact, I can keenly remember the wooden spoon being broken over my ass more than once. And I would pretty much get that semi daily.

Also the old, locked in the bedroom for 24hrs without food or water was a staple as well.

I can also keenly remember begging for it to stop and being told that its "for my own good" and being beaten harder when i showed any kind of emotion/weakness.

Its funny that now in my thirties that I can remember every single instance of punishment even going back 25 years etc. But truly, I considered most of that normal up until reading this thread...mainly because when does the subject of discipline ever come up outside the immediate family etc.

I'm actually kind of shocked with some of the memories dredged up and I have to wonder how that shaped me as an adult. Its hard to believe that a 5 year old with medical reasons can somehow be beaten into submission etc.

Anyway, I think its pretty clear that slapping a defenceless child in the face is unacceptable and I think the OP is spot on to be concerned.

Cheers

P.S sorry for brining up a month old thread...I have just kinda had a revelation is all.

I think it's honorable to attempt to sort it out, but we're all carved from experiences and environment - much too vast a thing to control. Even though the illusion of it may help you through the night (see religion).

Still, you focus on the things you can do something about eh? Play your cards the best you can.

Nice heartfelt post Griffith.

It's always the 'well-adjusted' people that bother me, how could you possibly go through this life and not be at least a little bit crazy?

It's always the 'well-adjusted' people that bother me, how could you possibly go through this life and not be at least a little bit crazy?

Little bit crazy? LOL I have always had jobs that required you to be borderline insane! Lots of contact with many people whom have their own demands and all know it better.

Like my current modeling agency borderline insane, diplomatic and flexible to the max are the 3 requirements.

I have 2 possible postponements of jobs for which I was calling people until 20 minutes ago. Possible means either late this afternoon they tell me it will still be on in which case I have a couple of hours less to put the people on standby. Or they will postpone in which case I have to call the people I called this morning to tell them it is postponed.

In both cases I need to be Flexible, Diplomatic (staying nice to people asking the questions that they already know the answers to yet they ask the question again) and being borderline insane for putting up with it.

Yet I love this job. No complaints and I have a few hours of fiddling my thumbs :p .... as I cannot take any action either way.

Archived