USA election thread - If you're not interested, then don't look!

Flashermac

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Surprised you paid anything. Maybe because you are from the US. Wouldn't your US insurance cover it? Or are you talking about the anti-biotics?

Nah, I think that was just the cost of going into a walk-in clinic as a foreigner. They prolly gave me a course of meds on the spot as well, I don't remember going to a chemist with a script. Anyway, I wasn't bargaining...just walking through the underground, as if window shopping, saw the place and impulsively thought, 'Oh yes, I need this done.' :)

But why would they when they have such an excellent medical system in place in their own country? For free. And don't change the subject. This is all about the *American* health care system.

And yes, I have recently had TWO long-time expat friends recently go back to Canada to have serious procedures done (kidney stuff and a knee replacement), even with good insurance in LoS, because they think it is better there. Makes ya go "Hmmmm," eh?

If so excellent, why would Canadians come to the U.S. for treatment (and they do)? BTW, I only used Canada "for example".

Also, I suspect that your LOS compadres are Canadian citizens, eh?

Having excellent insurance (at my own expense), I could elect to have kidney or knee joint replacements almost any place I chose. I, too, would seek solutions to "serious" med problems in my home country...and I suspect you would also.

But, like I said (once again returning to the subject), this isn't ALL about "health care". This is about the total package of liberal bullshit which was roundly rejected in most parts of the country. Even in Demoncrat strongholds, elections were much closer than I think anticipated. I imagine Boxer, for instance, was shitting her panties until the last few days.) Face it: the USA is not even close to being as liberal as the membership of this board. Accordingly, most in the USA know the smell of bullshit. :content:

HH

And they keep doing "frivolous" drugs versus real "good" drugs: e.g., dick-hardening drugs versus anything else (MD, other oddball diseases, etc.). Why? Because that's what makes them money. Just another argument as to why health care should be socialized versus left to the private sector...

The main reason Hugh is the wait list in Canada. If the illness is considered non-life threatening you have to wait your turn. Usually a couple of months depending where you live and what you need done. I had to wait 4 months to have a cataract fixed (a $3000 operation). Didn't bother me. This also applies to scans. I have a friend whose doctor couldn't figure out why he was getting headaches. He was worried so he went south paid $500 and got it done in a day.

If so excellent, why would Canadians come to the U.S. for treatment (and they do)? BTW, I only used Canada "for example".

Hey, I have no problem saying that if you have unlimited resources, the US is the top of the heap. It is. No question. But that works for less than 2% of the population.

But why do you come to LoS for pussy? Yup, same thing...better quality, cheaper prices. But hey, a US$5k/LT bitch in Las Vegas blows away a Soi Cowboy B2k/LT whore in any aspect (performance, intelligence, fantasy-understanding, the whole mental thing about sex, etc.). Make her an Asian hottie, to kill the "white chix" argument. Same thing, once again. Neither of us can afford that on a regular basis tho'.

Archived