USA election thread - If you're not interested, then don't look!

Flashermac

Here's your (not) free Obama health care...and they will dig into Medicare to get $$$...

Citing health overhaul, AARP hikes employee costs

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101104/ap_on_bi_ge/us_aarp_health_plan

AARP's endorsement helped secure passage of President Barack Obama's health care overhaul. [color:red]Now the seniors' lobby is telling its employees their insurance costs will rise partly as a result of the law.[/color]

That is too sad. And toooooooo funny!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not really funny. My health insurance premium for next year just went up over 12%. Fuck Pelosi, Reid, and Obama.

HH

My insurance went up every year under GWB. It will keep going up, regardless of who is in power, why do you think we need controls on this shit?

I don't think HH understands what causes inflation. It is the sheer amount of money that goes into the health care system, most of which is paid for by insurance, that keep health insurance prices rising as high as they are going. For those that have full coverage, what incentive do these people have to not fully use the health care system? For all the commercials that I see for hospitals, I have yet to see one that brags about their cost structure (and giving a clear list of procedures and costs), rather than their "state of the art" equipment and caring doctors/nurses. The new health care law, once it is FULLY implemented, covers many more americans but does little for keeping cost down. If the Republicans have sound ideas on that (rather than repeal the law) and can get them into law and get health care costs significantly down, they have my vote.

Archived