USA election thread - If you're not interested, then don't look!

Flashermac

<< I'm not sold that W can fly jets. What happened in those AWOL years in the TANG that he's kept hidden? Why? Regardless, he never finished that obligation either evidently. >>

...flying is easy...even take offs are easy,,,the landings are tough!

When I learned to fly, they told us flying was the hardest part...

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A ham sandwich could get elected if it has a powerful backing machine like the Bush clan.

I'm not sold that W can fly jets. What happened in those AWOL years in the TANG that he's kept hidden? Why? Regardless' date=' he never finished that obligation either evidently.

Carter had a higher GDP growth than any GOPer since and including Reagan. Suck on that.

W was the first POTUS to preside over zero job growth.

*Senator* Obama and the Dems saved the country from going over the cliff, despite the GOPers fighting to steer it over.

Pretty clear to anyone but the Scarecrow.[/quote']

Kind of tells the whole story...Demoncrats want to avoid the story of the recent elections. I wouldn't want to discuss it either, if I were one. You have to go back 70 years to find a similar butt-kicking.

Face it LK...your liberal/progressive/left-wing/commie komrads have put the Demoncrats back years and years. The electorate (at least that part that isn't a liberal or sworn Demoncrap or has more than one brain cell) saw what your fellow travellers were up to and rejected it. It's a fact that you can't deny. Grin and bare it buddy.

(Oh...and here's hoping that Pelosi is elected to continue leading the Demonraps in the House. Couldn't find a better campaigner for conservatives. I suspect, though, she'll have to get back into the wind tunnel to get rid of some of the wrinkles she's accumulated in the last couple of weeks.)

Just rumo(u)r, but I hear the TV talk show producers are already booking Obama for 2013 when his memoirs are published...and I understand the Obama library has broken ground also...some place Obie picked out in Indonesia...some mosque, no doubt 55555555555

HH

In GWB's book, he claims he was the one who bailed out Wall Street.

On a TV interview GWB said 50% of the people believe it was Obama... Are those 50% Republicans?

A ham sandwich could get elected if it has a powerful backing machine like the Bush clan.

I'm not sold that W can fly jets. What happened in those AWOL years in the TANG that he's kept hidden? Why? Regardless' date=' he never finished that obligation either evidently.

Carter had a higher GDP growth than any GOPer since and including Reagan. Suck on that.

W was the first POTUS to preside over zero job growth.

*Senator* Obama and the Dems saved the country from going over the cliff, despite the GOPers fighting to steer it over.

Pretty clear to anyone but the Scarecrow.[/quote']

Kind of tells the whole story...Demoncrats want to avoid the story of the recent elections. I wouldn't want to discuss it either, if I were one. You have to go back 70 years to find a similar butt-kicking.

Face it LK...your liberal/progressive/left-wing/commie komrads have put the Demoncrats back years and years. The electorate (at least that part that isn't a liberal or sworn Demoncrap or has more than one brain cell) saw what your fellow travellers were up to and rejected it. It's a fact that you can't deny. Grin and bare it buddy.

(Oh...and here's hoping that Pelosi is elected to continue leading the Demonraps in the House. Couldn't find a better campaigner for conservatives. I suspect, though, she'll have to get back into the wind tunnel to get rid of some of the wrinkles she's accumulated in the last couple of weeks.)

Just rumo(u)r, but I hear the TV talk show producers are already booking Obama for 2013 when his memoirs are published...and I understand the Obama library has broken ground also...some place Obie picked out in Indonesia...some mosque, no doubt 55555555555

HH

Ah, but didn't answer the question about W, did ya? Because you know I'm right.

The past elections? Bought & paid for by the Citizen's United ruling. There is no even facade of democracy any more in the US. Now a handful of gazillionaires and a few foreign countries just buy their congressman with talking point ads featuring lies and scary brown men.

Never underestimate the stupidity of Americans...even more true now than in Barnum's day. They'll vote against their interest because some day they *might* be rich and if so they don't want to pay taxes on it. :banghead: Yes HH, even you vote against your best interests, unless you have at least mid-eight digits in the bank. Somehow, I think not (but if so, lend me some LOL!).

Yes, your nightmare is still there: Pelosi. I love how you are so scared of her. Makes me smile.

I do so hope the nutbags the idiots elected get all they want. That'll guarantee a Dem sweep in 2012. Aw hell, if they just do what the old GOPers say they are gonna do (i.e., nothing) then it will still be a sweep. Either way, works for me; I can wait two years.

There are an estimated 35,000 lobbyists in Washington, DC. They spread around 3.5B US dollars a year...take it from there.

Per Wiki: As of 2007 there are over 17,000 federal lobbyists based in Washington, DC (I read more).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobbying_in_the_United_States

This one says: A 2005 Washington Post article has reported that the number of registered lobbyist in Washington, DC is about 34,750

http://www.chacha.com/question/how-many-lobbyists-are-in-washington-dc

Sept. 10, 2001, our buddy Rumsfeld stated that 2.3T US dollars was "unaccounted for"...next day, 9/11 and the 2.3T, forgotten!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/01/29/eveningnews/main325985.shtml

USA borrows $5B a day from Asia: http://www.uscc.gov/hearings/2005hearings/transcripts/05_02_3_4.pdf

Lobbyists: http://www.forbes.com/2010/04/12/lobby-politics-elections-washington-business-oxford.html

GREAT FUCKING NEWS TODAY: Nancy (the Wicked Witch of The West) Pelosi was elected by Congressional Demoncrats to be the new House MINORITY leader starting in January. Having Pelosi as the face of the liberal Demoncrat party is every conservative's dream. :elephant::elephant::elephant:

Conservative Demoncrats, Independents, conservatives and all other thinking voters will rush to support whoever runs against Barry. It's apparent that even Obama has begun distancing himself from Pelosi (as evidenced by his changing of his tune regarding tax increases). 55555555555

I wonder how Obama feels, having realized that he's gonna be a lame duck for the last two years of his presidency?

Tip Of The Day for LK: find out at which Border's Obama plans to personally autograph his memoirs, soon (but not soon enough) to be published; start standing in line now. I'm sure there will be a big demand for them. (Not) :rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

HH

Many comments being made about Stiff Wille seeing the light and moving towards the centre after losing Congress to the Repubs but Obama being just too out of touch to do the same. Grid lock in Washington? Maybe the politicians will all take each other out and the people will finally win. :hmmm:

Big difference between Willie and Barry, though.

Willie really didn't have any "vision", while Obama is clearly a leftist idealogue.

The elections should've sent a clear message...and I'm sure it was heard. Pelosi, et. al. are either deaf or dumb... or so entrenched in their leftist ideolgy that they refuse to accept the fact that U.S. voters are not happy with the way in which they want to steer the country and the way they have handled issues the last two years. Can't say they weren't warned.

HH

Archived