Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I'd love to be shown a study where cops were the reasons for crime rates. Economics has a lot to do with it. Sometimes they drop for no identifiable reason but by and large crime is a function of poverty and increased ecomomic/financial opportunities has always been a good 'cure' for crime. Irish Americans accounted for the majority of crime in NYC in the mid 1800s, they succeeded through political power and appoining each other to government jobs. Their crime rate dropped accordingly.

Police are 'reactive' to crime, not 'preventive'. Logically, cops have no idea who is going out to mug someone. The best they can do is stop the crime while its going on. They have little power to prevent a crime.

Obama plan to legalize millions of immigrants 'disastrous' to blacks

President Obama’s much-rumored executive order granting legal status to potentially millions of illegal immigrants will be “disastrous†to African-American job seekers and a slap in the face to others proceeding through the tedious legal immigration process, charges a member of the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights.

Peter Kirsanow, a Black commissioner on the eight-member panel, warned in a letter to Obama this week that giving legal status to undocumented workers will pave the way for them to take the few jobs that Blacks, especially African-American men, need.

“I write to remind you of the disastrous effect of illegal immigration on the employment of all Americans, but particularly Black Americans,†he wrote to Obama.

“Any grant of legal status will serve as a magnet to prospective illegal immigrants and further depress employment opportunities and wages for African Americans. Given that the labor force participation rate is at an historic low, the unemployment rate is 6.2 percent, and there has been a precipitous decline in household wealth, the timing for such a grant of legal status could not be worse,†he wrote in the letter, provided to Secrets.

Obama hasn’t formally decided what to do on immigration reform, but is planning some form of executive action after he returns from his extended vacation on Martha’s Vineyard Island in Massachusetts.

There have been several reports that he will grant legal status or some form of amnesty to millions of illegals including the tens of thousands of youths streaming over the U.S.-Mexico border.

Kirsanow, a Republican on the commission, cited past testimony about the impact opening the borders to new immigrants has on jobs for Blacks.

“Illegal immigration has a disparate impact on African American men because these men are disproportionately represented in the low-skilled labor force,†wrote Kirsanow. He added, “Granting legal status to millions of people who are in the United States illegally will continue to depress the wages and employment opportunities of African American men and teenagers. It also will depress the wages and employment opportunities of African Americans going forward.â€

And, he wrote, any sweeping executive order would be unfair to immigrants moving through the proper process to become Americans.

“The proposed executive order is unfair to people who are attempting to immigrate legally,†he said. “Most of the illegal immigrants who would benefit from your executive order have no skills, so they lose nothing by coming here illegally. Yet your proposed executive order is unlikely to make the visa process less cumbersome for legal immigrants or alleviate visa backlogs,†he added.

http://washingtonexa...article/2551741

He is an embarrassment to Americans everywhere.

He was elected to (ironically) get the monkey off of America's back. He was merely black enough to assuage liberal white guilt. I've had elementary school social studies teachers more qualified than Barry Sotero. But that's what they wanted -- they deserve what they've chosen. I'll have no part of it.

"He was merely black enough to assuage liberal white guilt"

I did not like Romney.

I personally was not feeling guilty.and I could care less what color he is... frankly I just thought he might do a good job

but in my view he is a double cross and servant of wall street and big corporations.+++++++++

• Like 1

High costs of Congressional food and drink on taxpayer dough raising questions

U.S. House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy dropped $2,500 for 1 day of food at Tex-Mex joint Qdoba, a review of Congressional spending reports showed.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1300662

Is that maybe a local franchise name for a "Hooters" bordello restaurant ?

Cheers!

SS