Navy leaves Thai captives in Somalia

Flashermac

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
... so how are they going to tell the pirates from just the locals? How many hostages would die? What about the pirates at sea?

I think you could assume:

pirates = locals,

some hostages,

the pirates at sea would turn into harmless fishermen when they realised the game was up.

But I am tongue in cheek.

... so how are they going to tell the pirates from just the locals? How many hostages would die? What about the pirates at sea?

Sad is, this is war, and like it or not, innocent people will suffer and most likely die as a result of any action taken. The alternative is, you do nothing, let it continue, maybe get worse, and innocent people suffer and maybe die...there are ways to stop this, but they are not pleasant.

Any ship/boat that makes an aggressive move on another ship/boat is subject to attack. Simple.

I have personally seen this in action and it works!

First "your" ship sounds warnings with the ship's horn, several times. Hail them on the radio.

Then a shot across the bow of the "attacking" ship.

Then open fire and shoot to kill!

These are the rules of the sea.

Ignore the warnings and intrude on the ship's space...at your own risk!!!

Same business as banks and goldshops that have security guards, to keep the thieves/pirates at bay. Private security. The ships prone to being attacked should actually have private security, or 'company' security on board to protect them. Make the cunts think twice about attacking the ship. I'd think the insurance companies would be sick of paying out by now and start demanding it as part of their insurance policy provisions. If you sail in pirate infested waters it would make sense to protect oneself against being taken by pirates by having on-board security to prevent that from happening. A few well trained security officers with 50 cal mounted fore, aft and midships would be a certain determent for these pirate cunts and make them think twice.

Those questions have not stopped the US et al in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan. So why would it here?

Follow the money, I say.

Not real hard to blockade the harbor(s). One Ageis-equipped destroyer/harbor and a patrolling Virginia or even an old LA class sub for the whole area outside of the shore. There can't be many deep water ports to bring in fully loaded container ships and oil tankers to offload the cargo.

There is just no incentive to do so for some reason.

Same business as banks and goldshops that have security guards, to keep the thieves/pirates at bay. Private security. The ships prone to being attacked should actually have private security, or 'company' security on board to protect them. Make the cunts think twice about attacking the ship. I'd think the insurance companies would be sick of paying out by now and start demanding it as part of their insurance policy provisions. If you sail in pirate infested waters it would make sense to protect oneself against being taken by pirates by having on-board security to prevent that from happening. A few well trained security officers with 50 cal mounted fore, aft and midships would be a certain determent for these pirate cunts and make them think twice.

You are talking sense. Remember we are talking about governments and politicians here.

Archived