Navy leaves Thai captives in Somalia

Flashermac

So TH & Kamui, you guys advocate just letting the pirates do what they want, fund the terrorists groups in their country at all of our expense (we pay for it by increased prices of goods) and ignore it because it is "too hard?"

Really? WTF?

PS -- Kamui, ask any US SPECOPS guys if they feel that way. Be prepared for a tongue-lashing at best, a beat-down at worst!

I never said that pirates shouldn't be fought.

But how many nations have warships in the area to fight pirates, and how often did these warships sent out special forces to free hostages on ships anchored in Somali waters?

What individual soldiers think doesn't matter at all. The question is which nation will risk such kind of raid.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it should. These "pirates" are holding the world hostage, and creating chaos in their country and surrounds, screwing up the order of things.

They need to be brought under control.

Asking the folks who can do the job what they think can be done is a normal practice in any normal business. It has already been done in the Obama admin. Why not more of the same thing here?

rcyGStVc8QY

Of course, sadly, we have FAILED to follow up on this policy. :banghead: (Uh, yes, Cenk, the talking head here is a "liberal" like me.)

Are we afraid of pissing off the Somali government? Errr, WHAT government exactly? They have had none for a decade. A thing that the UN and the rest of the world need to address because that problem is fucking shit up for all of us. No sense spending all this money if nothing is being accomplished, right? May as well keep the Navies home.

I'm a liberal commie-pinko-fag if you ask HH, and I say roll over these cunts and take 'em out. There is no government to piss off, and the world will be a better place. A no-lose situation. Why are we NOT doing that? Who's pulling the money chain?

As an aside, to any and all I have come across in my career: BUDS rock! ("The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday") :bow::bow::bow: Thank you mates for all you do (and have done IME :up::up::up: ).

I'm not advocating one action or another, but I tender an observation.

The reason the Somalians et al are able to get away with their current behaviour, is that there is no credible force trying to stop them. The forces that are there from the rest of the world seem to be trying to contain rather than to prevent the activities.

Should a determined effort be made by a superior force, one would think the pirates would run away.

Should a determined effort be made by a superior force' date=' one would think the pirates would run away.[/quote']

... and then return once the raid was over or setup in another port.

One would hope that the superior force would have the sense and be able to, prevent the pirates from running away, just because the pirates run doesn't mean they can :)

So TH & Kamui, you guys advocate just letting the pirates do what they want, fund the terrorists groups in their country at all of our expense (we pay for it by increased prices of goods) and ignore it because it is "too hard?"

Really? WTF?

PS -- Kamui, ask any US SPECOPS guys if they feel that way. Be prepared for a tongue-lashing at best, a beat-down at worst!

How did you get that I was advocating doing nothing? I posted a link that shows what assets from many countries are there and patroling. These vessels have the Somali government (such as it is) to operate in Somali waters. What more are you saying should be done? Go onshore and try to rescue hostages you don't have the exact location of? I doubt your US SPECOPS guys would go for that.

TH

Bill Clinton would fire a Cruise missile at an aspirin factory. That would show those pirates! :beer:

I'll ever forget that day. That was the day I fucked my last white woman (not by choice since I like all gals, it just is)! We watched the carnage on TV while I did her doggy-style in the Pan-Pac Hotel in Sillypore LOL!

Sadly, she got killed last year on assignment in Africa. :rip: SW, my crazy and hot Russian-German friend. :( It would be hard for me to go back to a white gal, just because the memory of her. My friend indeed, not so much my lover (but shit happens), tho' we had fun as you do when thrust into weird situations.

Archived