Anyone want an iPad

TheCorinthian

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time for some defence of the iPad - I love mine and use it every day.

Don't give a flying fuck that it doesn't have a camera or USB. I don't need these things.

I use it mainly for newspapers and magazines - I have a few subscriptions to newspapers and mags which save a lot of clutter around my apartment and look great on the iPad's screen.

I use it a lot to watch videos and TV shows when I travel too and also for eBooks.

Whilst in Pattaya I went to TukCom (think Panthip!) and bought a cable which means I can now plug my iPad into my flat-screen TV and use my iPad as a storage device and then watch movies on my big TV - saves burning DVD's etc.

Some very cool games for the iPad as well.

Whilst in TukCom I also bought a very cool case for it that has a bluetooth keyboard built in to the case. This works really well and makes typing far easier than on the touch screen, so that if I go away for work for a couple of days I have a very light, portable option to keep in touch with the office and check my mail.

My main gripe with the iPad is the lack of Flash capability. This shits me at times, but I can work around it.

Other than that, I love mine and use it every day without fail. Can't wait for the iPad 2. :tophat:

Dyslexic Goggie

Exactly what I stated in my previous post in this thread, For 3G on my Netbook I gust tether to my phone using bluetooth, no cables required phone in the pocket, where most iPad users wuould keep theirs and I am online with 3G.

But considering the netbook is 250 GB HDD I can store quite a bit more Music, VDO, TV shows etc on the machine, and because it has USB ports I can also connect my 500 GB WD External HDD.

Piggy

A netbook can do the things that an iPad plus hell of a lot more, iPad games dont make me laugh they are just poxy childish applications whereas a netbook can run full blown PC games.

My iPjone can do more than an iPad and before you metion screen size I am probably using the same lead as you are to connect it to external monitor / TV if I so wish.

When I first heard the name iPad I thought Apple had started marketing Sanitary Towels. Not very practical at al IMHO

A Typical iPad Owner

TQAR-nx4w88

For what I want to use it for 95% of the time - read previous post - reading magazines, newspapers, books and watching videos, the iPad is a damn sight better than a netbook for doing those things. Bigger and better screen first and foremost.

Horses for courses. I sold my netbook after buying the iPad (I still have my "big" laptop) and I haven't missed the netbook in any way since getting rid of it.

For what I want to use it for 95% of the time - read previous post - reading magazines, newspapers, books and watching videos, the iPad is a damn sight better than a netbook for doing those things. Bigger and better screen first and foremost.

Horses for courses. I sold my netbook after buying the iPad (I still have my "big" laptop) and I haven't missed the netbook in any way since getting rid of it.

Of course, there's the Kindle that for $139 does all that even better...for less than the $600 you paid for the ผ้าอนามัย, err, I mean iPad LOL! :dunno:

But hey, as long as you're happy with your purchase, who cares.

Archived