Anyone want an iPad

TheCorinthian

For what I want to use it for 95% of the time - read previous post - reading magazines' date=' newspapers, books and watching videos, the iPad is a damn sight better than a netbook for doing those things. Bigger and better screen first and foremost.

Horses for courses. I sold my netbook after buying the iPad (I still have my "big" laptop) and I haven't missed the netbook in any way since getting rid of it. [/quote']

Of course, there's the Kindle that for $139 does all that even better...for less than the $600 you paid for the ผ้าอนามัย, err, I mean iPad LOL! :dunno:

But hey, as long as you're happy with your purchase, who cares.

Reading magazines in black and white on a clumsy Kindle? Not thanks. I always travel with bags of books, magazines, do a lot of email, e.g.. I think the iPad is the perfect machine for this.

And I even can access our office database (Filemaker) easily with an app.

But as always you pay a premium for an Apple product.

Anyway the battery is a weak spot of the netbooks.

Does any netbook come close to the 10 hrs of the iPad, and if so for what price?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reading magazines in black and white on a clumsy Kindle? Not thanks. I always travel with bags of books, magazines, do a lot of email, e.g.. I think the iPad is the perfect machine for this.

And I even can access our office database (Filemaker) easily with an app.

But as always you pay a premium for an Apple product.

Anyway the battery is a weak spot of the netbooks.

Does any netbook come close to the 10 hrs of the iPad, and if so for what price?

Exactly. Wasn't aware you could watch video on a Kindle either. :dunno:

And "10 hours" is 10 hours of watching video. If I'm just reading mags, newspapers, doing "regular" stuff on the pad, the battery lasts closer to 20 hours.

And then why take 2 things away with you - a Kindle and a Netbook? Waste of space and defeats the purpose of modern gadgets IMO.

I'm pretty sure that most people who slag iPhones / iPads have NEVER actually played with one - or not for more than 2 minutes in a shop.

Hi,

"I'm pretty sure that most people who slag iPhones / iPads have NEVER actually played with one - or not for more than 2 minutes in a shop."

Interesting. One of our customers - who has had an iPad for a year now, as have his 3 staff - said the exact opposite, i.e. "Many people who don't have one, really want one, but those who have one hardly use it".

Neither he nor any of his staff use it according to him. His biggest complaint, "It's not a computer".

Sanuk!

I'm pretty sure that most people who slag iPhones / iPads have NEVER actually played with one - or not for more than 2 minutes in a shop.

Piggy Incorrect

I was one of the first people in Thailand to ever have an iPhone, I got my first one the iPhone Origanal, or 2G to use its correct name. since it was GPRS Second Generation of communication (GSM was First) in July 2007. A grey import from the States which I Jailbreak to make operable with Thai Carriers (OK I'm a Geek)

I gave the 3G a miss, waited for the 3GS and to be honest I have no reason to get an iPhone 4 when I am runing IOS4 on a 3GS. I have been using iPhone since near enough day one.

What I am saying is, you can like one product without the other, IMHO, and dont hold this against me, if based in a static location such as a hotel room and I wish to watch movies on the inroom system from a mobile device a 3GS is just as capable as an iPad, it uses the same lead, but I do prefer the 750GB of Choice I have stored on my lightweight netbook and external drive as compared to the limitations of an iPad. Simple to drag a file into iTunes on my netbook and synch with the iPhone to use it as a media device.

Horses for Courses I suppose, for me as long as I am online I can via VPN and have access to to all corporate data my work profile allows me to access (I am an engineer I cannot see the accounts) but at least with a netbook running industry standard Win Doze I can work with it. something I could not do on an apple sanitary towel, oops iPad.

The differance is, you require an simple interface for media and basic conectivety to the office, where as my needs are far deeper than than that.

Kong

Archived