Meltdown Likely Under Way At Japan Nuclear Reactor

ozpharlap

fuckin freezing on the loas border' date=' below 12 last night[/quote']

That was one of the things that struck me in the Bourdain travelogue in Laos - the locals looked like they were dressed for the North Korean 'Spring' ! Admittedly, he was a lot further north than Vientiane, but it drove home some of the stuff the locals told me about Udon Thani actually having a Winter, as opposed to a 'cool season' lasting 10 days or so ....

Water sometimes freezes on the mountains in Chiang Mai and Loey. People may smirk at the temperatures as "not really cold", but try it in unheated wooden houses without even glass in the windows. Whatever it is outside, it's the same inside. I remember hailstorms up north, the ground covered an inch deep with pea-size hailstones.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I bet right now Japan wished they had invested more in solar energy then nuclear energy.

Some claim this is a wakeup call but in reality so many are sleeping so hard due to taking too much soma that it probably does not matter.

What is bizarre about this is that next to Sendai is Soma and Minami Soma.

I bet right now Japan wished they had invested more in solar energy then nuclear energy.

Some claim this is a wakeup call but in reality so many are sleeping so hard due to taking too much soma that it probably does not matter.

What is bizarre about this is that next to Sendai is Soma and Minami Soma.

Are you kidding?

I used the term soma in the same way Aldous Huxley used the word in Brave New World.

Dumping water from helicopters ineffective.

Rising temp. in the storage pools for reactors 5 and 6. :surprised:

FYI: the 30 guys we sent from my group just got hauled out. Heading to Oki and Korea. That's not a good sign.

Also, we advised agains the helo thing. We did advise a much better idea using the type of truck we use to battle sky scraper fires. That for god knows why did not get accepted.

Reports on the radio today say that they may get the cooling systems up and running soon, which should relieve the major concerns. Unfortunately, it depends which media you listen to, I do feel that there is mindless sensationalism from some media outposts because they no longer have real reporters on staff :beer:

Archived