Meltdown Likely Under Way At Japan Nuclear Reactor

ozpharlap

Som nam na.

And' date=' fuck off. My word is as good as gold.

[/quote']

Wasn't especially questioning your word, but on a couple of occasions (specifics I can't recall at the moment)you have, indeed, spinned words to your benefit when proven to be wrong. :content:

HH

Pot, meet kettle. LOL!

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The undisputed fact is radiation has been leaking from the plants. Add to that plant operators have been deliberately releasing radioactive steam to reduce pressure and you will probably find the full effects will not be known for quiet a while.

Does anyone have the latest update on the meltdowns and what are the actual safety issues at present ... has there been any actual fatalities due to the nuclear event :beer:

There have been no cases of acute radiation poisoning, much less anyone dying from radiation exposure. I believe some workers were killed in the hydrogen explosions.

Indeed, there have been some releases, but so far it has been very low level and it has been dissipated by the wind. The levels found in some food and water have been above normal, but at this time there is no serious threat to public health.

It appears that there is good chance they will soon get the circulating pumps started in the critical units which will be a good start on controlling the situation. They already are running them in two less critical units.

Latest report is there is apparently a renewed fire in the Unit 3 spent fuel storage pool which caused them to withdraw workers back to a safe distance. No one is sure what that means at this point.

TH

Good update, however, reports on Oz radio (which I listen to online) still ae saying there has been no fatalities at all ... which I hope is true, it may go well for nuclear to be introduced into Australia (as relatively speaking, Australia is the most geological stable continent on Earth) :beer:

The undisputed fact is that Bust is speaking out of his arse and has no idea about Nuclear.

FACT

Bust probably knows about as much as nuclear as most folks. But I'd heard what he said on a newscast...and found that the AP reported the following: "But the buildup in pressure inside the vessel holding Unit 3's reactor presented some danger, forcing officials to consider a deliberate release of radioactive steam to release the buildup. The tactic produced explosions of radioactive gas during the early days of the crisis." So, is the AP talking through its arse?

HH

Facts:-

a. radiation has been leaking from the plants.

Excessing radiation has been found/verified in food sources:- http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/03/20/japan.nuclear.food/index.html?hpt=T2

b. Add to that plant operators have been deliberately releasing radioactive steam to reduce pressure

TEPCO's own admission.

c. The full effects will not be known for quiet a while.

General statment.

Mekong - don't see where you have any reason to jump on this one at all.

Som nam na.

[/quote']

Wasn't especially questioning your word, but on a couple of occasions (specifics I can't recall at the moment)you have, indeed, spinned words to your benefit when proven to be wrong. :content:

HH

Pot, meet kettle. LOL!

:yeahthat: javascript:void(0)

Som nam na.

[/quote']

HH

Pot, meet kettle. LOL!

:yeahthat: javascript:void(0)

:hippie::elf::snowgrin::_pumpkin:

Archived