Owner of Porsche involved in fatal accident identified

Flashermac

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Red plate = new car. And that Porsche runs around 15 million baht new! My guess is another teenage driver in his present from his rich "hi so" Chinese-Thai daddy.

<< Police said the driver fled 10km from the crash scene before abandoning the car outside a restaurant with the torso still inside. >>

Mr Nice Guy! :cussing:

Which reminds me ... what happened to the kid too young to drive who killed those students and archans from Thammasat a couple of months ago. :hmmm:

Well, what happened to the hiso kid that deliberately ran over people at the bus stop?

Well, the kid might not be more liable for anything more serious than driving without a license...and that would be assuming he was doing so and we have no information regarding that. While he may have been speeding excessively, we do not know that either. And we don't know if the victim stepped out from behind a parked vehicle making it impossible to see the victim in time to stop before hitting her. OK...maybe could be charged with leaving the scene of an accident. But a youngster having a bloody torso uncerimoniously dropped in his/her lap had to be a shock to the system, causing the driver to "freakout" and split the scene. (I'm pretty sure the driver quickly concluded that any medical assistance he could summon would be useless in the matter; wasn't a case of being able to save the victim's life had he stayed put.)

That's the problem with many of these stories: they provide only partial or erroneous information and bored board members immediately start fashioning hangin' nooses.

HH

The following video doesn't leave much to the imagination.

http://atcloud.com/stories/94446

Just a guess, but a Bangkok University student? It's out in that area. Lots of kids there from rich families who couldn't get into a top govmt uni and wouldn't think of even going to Ramkhamhaeng with the proles.

:hmmm:

p.s. Nothing much more in the Thai papers. Too soon?

He's was first yr at Rangsit. His mug shot is now in the Thai Rath.

http://www.thairath.co.th/content/region/159237

Hi,

"and bored board members immediately start fashioning hangin' nooses."

Precedent.

Almost always these kinds of accidents are caused by reckless and/or drunk and/or underage drivers. And almost inevitable they got off with a slap on the wrist and paying a pittance.

Just once I would LOVE to see one of these rich fuckers spend some serious time in prison for his/her crime. Not holding my breath though :(

Sanuk!

I know of one young man who shot and killed another man and fled the scene.

After a 'proper' story had been conceived, the young man admitted to the killing which had been construed to be self defense and instead of going to jail was looked upon as a hero.

Well' date=' what happened to the hiso kid that deliberately ran over people at the bus stop? [/quote']

He was convicted and sentenced to prison!

As you know, we had a U.S. Senator/Presidential hopeful who pulled a similar stunt. Rich family, "hi-so" school, who did almost the same thing. And he never saw the inside of a cell except maybe during a book and release arrangement.

HH

:yikes: Yikes! I know exactly where that happened. Driven that road many times. Mrs LK has family in BBT, and I even recognize one of the "pointy hat" MiBs in the vid from family gatherings. She mentioned it today, saying the uncle in question had never seen anything like that outside the movies and even he was shaken by it.

HH, gotta go with a) fleeing the scene (ya, I'm sure the guy was freaked out, but he did what he did) and B) certainly speeding to do that kind of damage to a person. As you point out, negligence is for a jury/judge to decide, but IME, anytime you have damage to the front of your vehicle, it is 99.9% ruled against you (as in: you should have had control of your vehicle no matter what the other party did).

I do hope justice is served, but have my doubts especially since the victim is not even Thai. :(

And point of fact. The vehicle is a Cayman (sport coupe), not a Cayenne (SUV), not that it matters. EDIT: I see that's already been corrected from initial reports.

Well' date=' the kid might not be more liable for anything more serious than driving without a license...and that would be assuming he was doing so and we have no information regarding that. While he may have been speeding excessively, we do not know that either. And we don't know if the victim stepped out from behind a parked vehicle making it impossible to see the victim in time to stop before hitting her. OK...maybe could be charged with leaving the scene of an accident. But a youngster having a bloody torso uncerimoniously dropped in his/her lap had to be a shock to the system, causing the driver to "freakout" and split the scene. (I'm pretty sure the driver quickly concluded that any medical assistance he could summon would be useless in the matter; wasn't a case of being able to save the victim's life had he stayed put.)

That's the problem with many of these stories: they provide only partial or erroneous information and bored board members immediately start fashioning hangin' nooses.

HH [/quote']

http://atcloud.com/stories/94446

Seems to capture the result of the accident, but not the cause.

HH

Archived