Owner of Porsche involved in fatal accident identified

Flashermac

Seems to capture the result of the accident, but not the cause.

HH

At a guess I would say speed.

The girl was young and probably didn't know just how fast the car was travelling. What is the speed limit 80k/ph/h? So that gives her judgement reaonable time to cross safely. Double that speed and her time to cross is reduced by half. If is was a busy road maybe a quick dash across was in order but given his speed I would say the road was not busy. So she thinks she has ample time to cross but has no idea how fast he is travelling.

Given the injuries I would be very surprised if he was doing under 160 k/m/h.

Most european cars these days have pedestrian safety factured into their design so as to reduce injury. They are meant to deflect on impact which is what has happened but the speed meant it was a missile that just cut her in half.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bangkok Post

28 Mar 2011

Student admits to hit-and-run

The teenage driver of a Porsche involved in the gruesome death of a 17-year-old Lao girl three days ago has surrendered to police.

Peerapol Thaksinthaweesap, 19, a first-year Rangsit University student, admitted culpability, police claimed. He admitted speeding, saying he was travelling at about 120kph when he struck Kambai Inthilat. He had been driving a white Porsche Cayman owned by his father, Suppachai Thaksinthaweesap.

Hiding his face under a black hood and wearing sunglasses, Mr Peerapol appeared at Muang Pathum Thani police station.

"I'm sorry, I didn't intend to," he said to charges of careless driving and leaving the scene of an accident.

He claimed the girl ran in front of the car from a bus parked on the Pathum Thani-Bang Bua Thong road.

[color:red]Police yesterday temporarily released Mr Peerapol. His family promised to take responsibility for the death of the girl.[/color] :banghead:

Link

Witnesses said the girl had crossed the road to buy noodles for lunch and was going back to join her aunt. They didn't say anything about a parked bus.

Rangsit is another private uni - money gets you in, not academics.

The kid will probably get off with a slapped wrist. His daddy will pay enough to get the girl's mama not to cause trouble. And anyway - she is Lao. What influence has she got in court against a wealthy wannabe "hiso"?

One more car accident and this girl was less lucky than some.

This guy could be guilty of hit and run, unvoluntary manslaughter and so on...

Pains me to say that in the case of the underage girl driving without license, here she would probably never go to jail thanks to her being underage.

when I think about one of the Princes in my country who lost his driving license for being a bit over the speed limit + of course got hammered in the newspapers as he should be an "example for all".

200k baht or even a few million bath for a life doesn't seem fair to me (more so if the accident is a result of reckless driving).

(although a family in Laos might find 200k bht a gift sent by god)

As a sidenote -> a few countries in the Gulf area have what is called: blood money...

and the amounts are quite precisely defined.

You are worth less if you are a Muslim or not, a woman or a man, a Jew and so on.

So Thailand might be shocking but some other countries are far more disgusting since this kind of shit is written in the "law"

PS: There was a time when in the west we were no better, since this "money against a lost life" was a custom, no matter if in Ireland or Poland)

Archived