Hitler Salute In Parliament

Care to explain that comment?

The MP was making a point that the speaker of the house was railroading the reading of a bill into vote without allowing further debate. I bit radical, but certainly apt for the situation and shows the MP certainly had knowledge of how the Nazi’s ran the German Reichstag in the 30’s and the passing of the Enabling Act of 1933 and afterwards.

I think your comment shows more about your education and ethnocentricity and your knee jerk reactions then anything about the Thai education system (as bad as it is).

TH

If the MP in question had an education of a standard that Thailand seems incapable of supplying him, he'd probably have chosen some terse and cutting speech to get his point across. To fling a Hitler salute and comments in a parliament, IMHO, is as inappropriate as flinging pig excrement at Muslims or Jews. To make one's point by using provocative and offensive gestures and language, is the mark of a low intelligence. A Minister of Parliament, is supposed to be an exemplar of his peers rather than the latest example of a rabble rouser.

I may differ from you, in that, my "ethnocentricity" as you put it, allows for a multiple view of a people. So that whilst I can observe that I think this MP is a dolt, I can equally observe that his people could be better served by representatives that were capable of a higher standard of behavior than he seems capable of displaying.

As to my education, it is what it is, I've made no representations about it, so I'm at a loss, as to why you include it in your comment.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

what you mean by "others"

if you compare him with Stalin, Mao Tse Tung fine; those are also guilty of genocide.

euro settlers in the americas perhaps?....can u imagine germans making epic movies with a german john wayne type how the jews were 'tamed'

bit silly since hitler would have terminated thais in a heart beat on a whim by numerous methods-as he did with the russians, cant make out russian neo nazis, must be a bit thick too

Japan was a serious ally and I doubt Asians had much to worry about in general from Nazis. Did you know that there actually were Nazi trips to the Himalayas?

bit silly since hitler would have terminated thais in a heart beat on a whim by numerous methods-as he did with the russians, cant make out russian neo nazis, must be a bit thick too

Terminate them? Let's not forget Thailand was Hitler's ally in WWII!! Well, more directly an ally/collaborator of the Japanese,but still...

Japan was a serious ally and I doubt Asians had much to worry about in general from Nazis. Did you know that there actually were Nazi trips to the Himalayas?

And a lot of info/rumors implicating the Dalai Lama as a Nazi supporter/conspirator...haha, just talk to any present-day Communist about the DL and his human skin lamps...! Seriously, those nuts lost to bend your ear on this one...

Guest lazyphil

Terminate them? Let's not forget Thailand was Hitler's ally in WWII!! Well, more directly an ally/collaborator of the Japanese,but still...

you think hitler would have taken that into account if he felt the whim to do a spot of ethnic cleansing?

'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last'.

churchill.

What Hitler did is not much different then what others have done.

His problem is he lost: if he had won........

That's huge debate and there is one huge difference:

Unless Stalin, Hitler just didn't leave the people in the countryside to starve or have them randomly imprisoned and/or murdered.

Hitler had his underling execute the murders of millions of people with an industrial efficiency. There was a huge buerocracy involved organizing the trains to the Concentration Camps, organizing and building gas chambers, dividing the prisoner among the companies where they often have been worked to death, eliminating the Ghettos, e.g.

And the Nazi regime did not turn against their own operatives and party members in a form of absolute paranoia (one reason that Stalin lost almost every battle in the beginning was, that he had killed almost all high ranking, experienced soldiers). But this was maybe because the Nazi regime wasn't in power long enough...

The result for the victims was of course the same, be it in Germany, Russia, China, Cambodia or now North Korea.

That's huge debate and there is one huge difference:

Unless Stalin, Hitler just didn't leave the people in the countryside to starve or have them randomly imprisoned and/or murdered.

Hitler had his underling execute the murders of millions of people with an industrial efficiency. There was a huge buerocracy involved organizing the trains to the Concentration Camps, organizing and building gas chambers, dividing the prisoner among the companies where they often have been worked to death, eliminating the Ghettos, e.g.

And the Nazi regime did not turn against their own operatives and party members in a form of absolute paranoia (one reason that Stalin lost almost every battle in the beginning was, that he had killed almost all high ranking, experienced soldiers). But this was maybe because the Nazi regime wasn't in power long enough...

The result for the victims was of course the same, be it in Germany, Russia, China, Cambodia or now North Korea.

and yet today, many deny anything like that happened !

(no - not you kamui = good post by the way)

BB

Guest lazyphil

and yet today, many deny anything like that happened !

(no - not you kamui = good post by the way)

BB

how? too many facts. do they believe the earth is flat as well?

Archived