Understanding Their View of Your $$$ Money $$$

zanemay

An Israeli who comes from Europe is a European. And not all Israelis are white. There are many Arabs citizens of Israel; they are not ALL Palestinians. Native Hawaiians are not North Americans just because Hawaii is a state.

I made the point because someone said Asians pay large visa fees to the West. I was pointing out the fact that there are three countries in Asia that do not pay visa fees at all to the U.S. And that IS a fact.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, if it were only so easy to allow football to settle our geographic disputes (23 days to the Cupo). Israel does indeed compete in qualifying for an Asian slot. Turkey for Europe, seperated from Asia by the Bhosphorus strait.

"Turkey is seperated from Europe by the 'Bhosphorus Strait.'"

Most of Turkey. But Istanbul and the immediate Turkish area are in Europe.

While Israel might technically be in Asia, I think most Americans think of it as part of the Middle East. If you listen to broadcasts here, they will say? More tension in the Middle East today, Palestine leaders once again?Blah, Blah??

So you?re BOTH right! smile.gif

WRONG!

Israel is part of the european qualification round, both for worl cup and European championship. here's their group for the world cup (eliminated):

1 . ESPAGNE 20

2 . AUTRICHE 15

3 . ISRAËL 12

4 . BOSNIE-HERZEGOVINE 8

5 . LIECHTENSTEIN 0

PS: it's 32 countries in the final round, not 23.

Righto but the Middle East is a region, not a continent. A region which is part of Asia. And when you fight it out on the pitch and are talking America, we're all one baby, locking up with the Sambastylists. Our Oceanic friends, however, though a continent unto themselves, are mixed up with Asia again, no?

Whoever said there should be a sign at the airport saying "Welcom Farangs, please leave your money and go home." as a warning, had it nailed.

Where I live upcountry, there are the kinds who will take everything they can get from anyone (Thai or Farang), and there are those who belive in working for what you get. The latter far outnumer the former. When staying in Bangkok, Pattaya, or Phuket, one tends to run into a self-select population of opportunists. Keep in mind, that the place you meet people has a lot to do with what kind of people you're likely to meet.

It is sad that pricing discrimination is baed on race. But then, I'm imposing my values on them.

RickF

But realize that most people in US don't think of our overseas friends in terms of continents (except Oz and Africa, maybe). This is due to how overseas events are presented to us by our news media. In a million years, I would never think of Israel as being an Asian country. "Israelis are not oriental" is what most Americans would say. That is solely because of how its location is presented to us. Might be totally incorrect, but that is the image that has been instilled/portrayed to us in US.

Archived