Careful About Farang You Meet Online

Boo Radley

There seems to be an obvious xenophobic slant in having the man in the story be a farang rather than Thai. After all, a Thai could never do such a thing. :rolleyes:

Reminds me of a story in Dec last year of a 37 year-old poorly paid Thai hotel security guard who was doing something similar. He was contacting young Thai girls online via Facebook and seducing them, eventually meeting up with them at a hotel and secretly filming what took place, using it to blackmail them and pressure them to continue seeing him. Apparently he lied about his real occupation to get their sympathy and admiration, by telling them he was a Thai soldier in the South facing danger everyday from Southern separatists.

3 girls file complaints about Facebook rapist

The Nation December 17, 2011 1:00 am

Three other girls have lodged complaints about being allegedly raped by a Facebook user after a 14yearold girl spoke up and reported to the police about her ordeal.

The three girls, with the youngest just 13 years old, are based in Nakhon Si Thammarat, where Wimol Srida, 37, was arrested. He admitted to having sex with the unnamed 14yearold but insisted that it was consensual.

Wimol, a security guard at a Phuket hotel, allegedly lied to his Facebook friends that he worked with security operations in the deep South to gain sympathy. The suspect said yesterday that he had only had sex with two girls and it was consensual.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/3-girls-file-complaints-about-Facebook-rapist-30172045.html

http://m.thairath.co.th/content/region/223747

http://manager.co.th/Local/ViewNews.aspx?NewsID=9540000160232

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There seems to be an obvious xenophobic slant in having the man in the story be a farang rather than Thai. After all, a Thai could never do such a thing. :rolleyes:

If this is aimed at 10 year old kids, than it is totally misleading. Abuse of kids usually doesn't happen by total strangers, but happens by people more or less close to kids, like family members, relatives or neighbors.

Of course it is much easier to aim at Western males, for to deflect from the home made problems.

If this is aimed at 10 year old kids, than it is totally misleading. Abuse of kids usually doesn't happen by total strangers, but happens by people more or less close to kids, like family members, relatives or neighbors.

Of course it is much easier to aim at Western males, for to deflect from the home made problems.

This is about internet abuse and since it is, the overwhelming numbers will be that these are strangers, not people known to the child.

Farang men pretending to be something they arent online ? That should be mandatory across ALL schools and workplaces worldwide. We talk a lot about Thai women ripping Farang off - no argument from me - but how about the scumbags who use gullible women for nothing beyond a cheap fuck ? Given that you presumably have to buy the girl a meal before dragging her back to your hotel, its not 'free', but I'm sure some of the hansum men out there will tell me it is.

Sorry, guys, but there are times when I am disgusted by the fact that we are led around by our dicks. I don't pretend to be any 'better' than anyone else here, but I like to think that I'm honest enough to pay for it instead of telling some desperate Thai girl total BS for the sake of a roll in the hay. There are some seriously deluded fuckers out there, and girls/women have been killed in Oz by lowlifes they met online. The cops have a taskforce set up to try to trap online predators : good luck with that. Like trying to plug cracks in the Hoover dam with silly putty. :banghead:

I know of a farang up here in Issan that has been scamming the gullible (or just greedy) Thai women he meets. He tells them he is waiting for a big check/money from a family inheritance that he should have sometime in "the next 90 days". The women, thinking they are on to a big score once his money comes in, take care of him, pay for his food and such, sleep with him, effectively become his 'loving girlfriend' for 90 days. Of course the check never comes in and they finally see it is all just a bullshit story and they have been scammed/conned. They usually just leave him, ashamed they were taken in by his lies, and cause him little grief (though threats are made by some). He's still at it from what I've heard. Though word is getting around about his bullshit and his pickings are getting slimmer. He came from Chiang Mai a couple of years ago to Surin, is now living in Buriram, was hanging in Prakonchai and Prasat for a while. I expect he'll soon move on up the highway one day soon and start in a new locality. The guy hasn't a pot to piss in, but is very good at getting peoples sympathy and even some farang believe his stories and give him money at times. Not an internet scam, but similar in its method.

Also, we had a farang appear one day a couple years ago in Surin who weaseled his way into the farang community and took quite a few in with his bullshit stories. Said he had moved from Phuket. Quite a few became friendly with him and trusted him. He's a Scottish guy who said he had lived in Australia for many years. Claimed to have been a golf pro in the past. He's a decent golfer I was told (don't play myself). Claimed to have a business in England and was living off the income the business provided, but said he was selling the business 'soon' to just travel around and play golf in Thailand in retirement. He ended up stealing a lot of money from one guy, and disappeared one night soon after with another guy's 'borrowed' laptop and a Norwegian guy's expensive golf clubs he'd 'borrowed' as well. His name is Angus (or Anus as I called him, never liked or trusted the lying cunt myself) and he is now, I've found out recently, living up the highway in Ubon Ratchatani, likely pulling the same shit he did in Surin. He hangs around the farang restaurant/pub 'Wrong Way Cafe' now. He's a liar and a thief. Do not trust this asshole if you meet him.

So it's not just Thais on the net getting scammed by the kii nok farang, the silly gullible farang expats fall for these bullshit artists and con-men as well 'in person' in real life. There are a few scumbag farangs out there. Be careful who you befriend. And avoid Anus if you ever get up to Ubon Ratchatani. He's a piece of shit.

The Central Scrutinizer

Fess up - how many of you loaned Blackie money before you realised you had zero chance of ever getting it back ? I know he wasnt the same as the conmen described above - at least FWIR - but by all accounts he was big on charisma and not so hot on repayment schedules - happy to hear otherwise.

I doubt "Anus" or the other scammer has a valid visa. Maybe the guys that got scammed can have immigration check him out.evil-halloween.gif

Actually the guy with 'the inheritance' does have a valid visa, or at least did as of a couple/few months ago, though he has no money to get more pages in his passport, which was full a while back, or money to get a new one when needed when his passport expires. He's basically penniless and living hand to mouth with odd jobs under the table with no work permit. He was still getting 'tourist' visas, and has for many years. How I don't know, as he has been here for years on tourist visas.

Anus I don't know about his visa status, but I'd imagine he gets them illegitimately. He seems to have some money or small income. And it really doesn't matter as the Thais have such a low fine for overstay it is silly and easy enough to to just overstay and pay the 20,000 baht top fine if caught.

I knew of one Italian whack job that had been here for many years with no valid visa and on an expired passport even. He finally got caught and was deported. He was a crazy bastard, living with his katoey boyfriend who worked selling food in a street stall and paid the rent and food for them both, occasionally having the katoey working the streets of Pattaya selling his ass when they needed extra money. Meanwhile the Italian guy sat around drinking beer all day living off the katoey's income, such as it was. He'd call his family in Italy once in a while to try to get them to send him money. They did so he would stay away from them. He was a dangerous, violent nutcase.

I know of another like this whose family sent him a monthly income just so he would stay in Thailand rather than go home and cause them problems.

Met an English guy recently in the same dire straits. No job, no money, no visa, living on the streets, sleeping at the train station at night, looking for odd jobs and handouts from sympathetic expats. He had his own sob stories which were likely bullshit. Young enough and healthy enough he seemed to me to go home and get a job and start over. He seems to have moved on from here after a couple weeks. Seemed a nice enough guy, educated and well spoken... just fucked in the head not wanting to go home even though he was totally skint.

There are a few of these types around in most every city and/or even in the villages.

The Central Scrutinizer

Archived