Careful About Farang You Meet Online

Boo Radley

Not sure how he has survived Thai payback time aka 'karma'

Yeah, but the women he scams are usually really embarrassed they fell for his bullshit, and so try to keep it quiet so as to not look as stupid as they are. Also, they realize he has NOTHING... so they can get nothing from him and they just move on, lesson learned... maybe. Can't get blood from a stone, or baht from a skint farang kii nok. (The problem is these gals tell one friend, and it's all over town in a few days what happened. Secrets are not well kept here in Thailand.) :-)

The Central Scrutinizer

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"And it really doesn't matter as the Thais have such a low fine for overstay it is silly and easy enough to to just overstay and pay the 20,000 baht top fine if caught. "

It's jail first now IIRC. You get put in the immigration jail for a couple of days/weeks first, then get deported. And from what I understand that jail ain't pleasant.

Sanuk!

Hi,

"And it really doesn't matter as the Thais have such a low fine for overstay it is silly and easy enough to to just overstay and pay the 20,000 baht top fine if caught. "

It's jail first now IIRC. You get put in the immigration jail for a couple of days/weeks first, then get deported. And from what I understand that jail ain't pleasant.

Sanuk!

KS,

Ah, really? They've changed it again then. Good.

There seems to be no real care about these type of parasites and troublemakers here by the police. They see these guys and hear about them, and know who they are. I mean really, farangs sleeping rough in the train station all night is pretty obvious to most Thais as being down and out farangs (I know of 2 at least that have done this for a few days at a time). But since it makes them no baksheesh the cops just ignore these guys usually.

I do notice when you listen to these guys stories of why they are in the state they are in they almost all seem to blame a Thai woman for their predicament. Two I spoke with in the past year stated they gave their Thai love all their money. When they were broke and no further money was coming in they were told to fuck off back where they came from. So they stay here in the LOS rather than going to their embassy and getting a flight home (and lose their passport until they pay back the air fare to the gov. It can be done.). They don't want to go home, but would rather live here as a bum and homeless person. It boggles the mind really. Some could even go on the dole and get cheap housing back in the west, but would rather live here in such a degrading state. Fucknose what they are thinking really.

The Central Scrutinizer

Fess up - how many of you loaned Blackie money before you realised you had zero chance of ever getting it back ? I know he wasnt the same as the conmen described above - at least FWIR - but by all accounts he was big on charisma and not so hot on repayment schedules - happy to hear otherwise.

Did you actually know Blackie? I don't think it's good to speak ill of the dead, I lent him money, don't care that it was late in coming back at all! I've borrowed as well, many have had our ups and downs, we pass each other on the ladder, life doesn't always work out how you want, but when I've had it I was able to be good enough to pass it around, when I didn't others kind enough to lend it out, that's what friends are for, to speak ill of those gone, not so good.

Did you actually know Blackie? I don't think it's good to speak ill of the dead, I lent him money, don't care that it was late in coming back at all! I've borrowed as well, many have had our ups and downs, we pass each other on the ladder, life doesn't always work out how you want, but when I've had it I was able to be good enough to pass it around, when I didn't others kind enough to lend it out, that's what friends are for, to speak ill of those gone, not so good.

huumlaar, he man hab good heart !

Stickman's Ode to Blackie

I'd suggest you take your 'speaking ill of the dead' rant up with Stickman.

Never met Blackie, not that I remember anyway. IF stick's obituary on him is true, he sounds just like so many desperado's not just in the LOS, but in most countries now. Not saying Stick's story is true though, just an observation on the story linked.

On "conmen" - who seem to pop up here and there, and I've met my fair share of people who's next million is "just around the corner". I have found if someone starts rambling on about how they, "Live off the interest of..." or "Have a business overseas which supports them," which, let's face it, is simply bragging (or lying) about how much they earn or are "worth" - it is generally a crock of shite, leading up to a big con.

Maybe I'm more private in what I disclose to strangers but I would never tell someone I hadn't known more than a period of years what I was worth or earning or had in the bank. Yes, I take an active interest in banks, investments and such, but I would never express to a stranger (or bloke I've just met in a bar or anywhere else) my financial situation. I doubt it's just me, sure if I meet someone we discuss our career choices, as much as our favourite sporting team, but when someone starts pointing out how well of they are, or soon will be. Red flags abound.

Archived