Africans on Sukhumvit

Shibuya

18 hours ago, Mekong said:

For the record Thong Lor is also the way my wife spells it, she has only lived in Thailand for 55 years so must be wrong  and a German tourist must know better 

Please note I am not a plain German tourist, I am a German quality tourist according to Thai government requirements.

7 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

Funny enough, I think you are same same. Probably we are both wrong, what do you think?

Less of the old, I am still in my 50’s and by definition am still “Middle Aged” I will be 60 in 4 months time but that’s by the by, but I am a trainee Grumpy Old Man, accepted, and should have mastered irritability by then

You are doing well posting for a man who has been dead for over 25 years, Heinrich Schäfer (The Nose) did die in 1997 didn’t he?

On the Thong Lo(r) / Thonglo(r) debate ( I prefer that word to argument) I stick to my guns though you are quite entitled to disagree with me and I would expect nothing less 555, and I mean that in a  jovial way

Even though in Thai there are no spaces, when Romanised there are. Another place name for you นานาพลาซ่า  น = N, า = A so นานา is Nana, the whole is Nana Plaza, how do we write it in Roman script Nanaplaza or Nana Plaza? Or how about ซอยเจ็ด, Soi Seven again we don’t write Soiseven.

I conclude my statement or if you prefer Iconcludemystatement.

PS You can spell it however you like, it doesn’t bother me, I am not telling YOU how to spell it but how I spell it, please don’t tell me my spelling is wrong. It is rather like religion, keep your opinions to yourself and we will all get along😉

IMG_0540.jpeg

16 hours ago, Mekong said:

I am a trainee Grumpy Old Man, accepted, and should have mastered irritability

This true.

I'm reminded of some advice I gave my Dad, (now 90) when he had to start using a walking stick.

"Have fun, use it in cafes, to trip up the kids running around and screaming, spoked bicycle wheels in motion beckon, all sorts of mischief to be had..."

On 11/15/2023 at 8:20 PM, bust said:

Isn't that an example of an oxymoron :cover::neener:

Dear Sir,

at this point I wish to make it clear that me, Bubi of Germany , am the only  officially Thai-cabinet approved tourist ever to cross the Siam border blessed by the quality-tourist trademark. No laughing here. I did in fact spend a night with a  member (female)of aforementioned cabinet. Again no laughing here please.

On 11/16/2023 at 8:54 AM, Mekong said:

I will be 60 in 4 months time but that’s by the by, but I am a trainee Grumpy Old Man, accepted, and should have mastered irritability by then

Surprised that my “Hero” Grumpy Old Mam “Victor Meldrew was only 60 in the first episode and the actor who played him Richard Wilson was only 53. I need to practice my grumpiness to reach the standards set by Victor.