Israel-Gaza

bust

11 hours ago, bust said:

The Brits have a history of leaving minority groups high and dry

Whilst I accept that us Brits do have a history, we were not the only ones there have been many Genocides orchestrated over the years the majority of which were not by the Brits but don’t let the truth get I the way of a good bit of Brit Bashing

Even in the USA they came to an agreement with the indigenous people only to stick to the 13 Colonies and let them keep the rest. It was post revolution that the USA reneged against this agreement in the  name of Manifest Destiny but let’s just blame the Brits 

I'm not so much worried about the British,  mostly benign - I reckon it was Queen Vic and her rellies that caused a lot of the historically recent strife, King George V and Tsar Nicholas II and Kaiser Wilhelm II, couldn't get their acts together and ultimately were responsible for WW 1  - Queen Vic's lot.

We're off track, given the title of the thread, (me included), however I'm loth to start another middle eastern thread, multiple SNAFUs are not required. And we're sort of canvassing the background and causes of the current Jew/Arab debacle.

image.jpeg.0eca77eb03f4cd7e81137c53d4a97336.jpeg

• 3 months later...

Serving US Air Force member sets himself on fire outside Israeli embassy in ‘genocide’ protest

Graphic video of incident shows man yelling ‘I will no longer be complicit in genocide"

Plenty of places to view the video online if you have the need.
Most alarming part is the moronic behavior of the police captured in it. Especially the one at the end with his gun drawn on the soldier 🙄

<p>US Secret Service vehicles block access to a street leading to the Embassy of Israel in Washington, DC on February 25, 2024. A man reportedly set  himself on fire near the embassy on Sunday afternoon</p>

US Secret Service vehicles block access to a street leading to the Embassy of Israel in Washington, DC on February 25, 2024. A man reportedly set himself on fire near the embassy on Sunday afternoon

A man who set himself on fire outside the Israeli embassy in Washington DC on Sunday in an apparent protest against the Gaza war is a serving member of the US Air Force, a spokesperson confirmed.

The US Air Force serviceman suffered life-threatening injuries and remains in critical condition at a hospital.

The man filmed his protest and livestreamed the video on social media platform Twitch shortly before 1pm local time on Sunday.

The graphic footage shows him shouting “I will no longer be complicit in genocide” and “I am about to engage in an extreme act of protest” as he stood in front of the embassy gates.

He then kept his phone down to film himself pouring a clear liquid from a metal bottle and setting himself alight. He also shouts “Free Palestine!” before falling to the ground.

Law enforcement officers then approached the man and successfully put out the flames. The fire was extinguished by members of the uniformed division of the US Secret Service, a spokesperson told The Independent.

The video was removed from Twitch as the platform stated that it violated its guidelines. But police said they have obtained and reviewed a copy.

A bomb disposal unit was dispatched to the location due to suspicions surrounding a questionable vehicle potentially linked to the individual in question. Officials later cleared the suspicious vehicle and found no hazardous materials inside.

Self Immolation is a rather pointless exercise, the only people you are harming is oneself and it will be all forgotten about in a couple of days. Globally there have been 25 Cases since 2020 alone, how many do you remember coz I remember none