The Western Men, are they kind or gullible?

jasmine

HT said,

Note from moderator: Anyone even thinks about flaming this girl in this thread will be dead-meat-on-a-stick. You won't have to worry about me moderating....I'll just let all the other posters here take care of you.

Mellow out, HT, mellow out .... reading us the riot act before we've even responded to Jasmines post is unlike you, IMO.

I believe Jasmine can take care of herself. Nothing from any of her posts would seem to indicate otherwise smile.gif

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since my two years here in Thailand most farang I've met are either American, English or Australian. I think you could call them by their nationality to receive a more specific answer.

But as I told you before, when it comes to financial matters it doesn't seem to matter who you are and where you're from. Unfortunately money blinds many people throughout the world.

By the way, you would be a great inspiration for many others in the same situation. If they only knew about your story.

Well done Jasmine!

Hi Artie,

Just re-iterating that we got specific rules here, as stated in the "Relationships Forum" rules.....and since you are the main reason I wrote them for, would expect you to take special reasonable care in your usual inflammatory posts. Wanna cause trouble???....take it to the "Board Bar". smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif....just leave my 'Tilac' alone...got it?

HT smile.gif

Hello,

Since I posted the thread, I do feel obligated to answer as fast and as well as I can, besides, it is a three-day weekend now.

"What does "Mae" mean in Thai?"

It is a common word ones call mother in Thai, it is pronoced very close to the French "Mere", some people call their mother "Khun Mae".

So far my mother can get around ok, no wheel chair yet but she constanly is in pain, taking pain killer and stomach medicine at the same time.

"And does your husband travel back to LOS with you, every year?"

No, he does not, I went this Feb. by myself. Next time he will. My husband does not seem to have much of opinion about Thailand except that he thinks, there are 3 seasons in Thailand; hot, very hot and damn hot.

My brother is a lawyer in Thailand.

Until next time and Cheers!

smile.gif

artiew,

Thanks for believing that I can take care of myself and it is true most of the time. I would not want to spend my energy in defending myself (old age is catching up with me, my freind) unless I have to.

Furthermore, writing about myself as I did can make me quite vulnerable. I just wanted to share and got some opinion and I received many good ones that openned my mind and, hopfully making me a better person.

Cheers!

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Guest lazyphil

The only flaming, unfortunately, is from the moderator in labelling this intelligent and accomplished woman as "girl" and "my tilac" which indicates a dangerous tendency to objectify.

HT was rather patronising. why is it when a Thai female enters the room, some posters feel they should polish and don their shining armour?

Hello,

This is my answer to "lazyphil" also.

I am not offended by "tilac" but would like to correct it to "tirac" for the "r" does exist in Thai and the word "lac" can mean "steal". (Oops, wrong place for language! blush.gif

The word "girl" is ok as long as I am not called that at work (especially by males) for I feel that a woman over 18 should not be called "girl", well my being Americanized is showing!smile.gif

The word "tirac" has different meaning to me and it is surprising that from what I gather from this board, it is used often to call the customers, lovers, being the one nightstand or permanent by women who work with foreign men.

My brother never called his wife that in normal situation, I heard it once and it was being facetious. Never, my parents call each other by that term.

I venture to say that it is close to the term "honey", especially in the South. I lived in Louisiana, USA for 16 years and it is said a lot even at work. Most of American female friends are offended by it. I took it, "tirak" in this case to mean "my female friend" more than anything else.

Again, most of the time I am not very sensitive, if some posting bothers me, you SHALL hear from me.

I do appreciate all of you posting. By the way, a "knight in shining armor" can be refreshing!wink.gif

Cheers!

Archived