Thank god for thermae

thai3

Hi can you tell me what is the procedure in Thermae. I have been once. Is it self service when it comes to drinks or is there girls serving drinks. The one time I went in I found it a little over powering. I bought drink at table inside. Drank it and did a full circle of the place and left. No room to stand except in the middle of the floor. No seating available. Anyway hope to be back soon again and was wondering on the routine. Thanks.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I visited Thermae this evening. It was a breath of fresh air. It almost seemed thai! The fairy lights didnt help, but that was expected.

- 70 baht for a beer, not 90-110.

- Girls looking normal and relaxed, not looking as if they were preparing for a boring night out in front of their bedroom mirror.

- No unpleasant, forceful advances, just lots of suggestive smiles.

- No stupid barfines. The girls were free to leave, toll free, not enslaved.

It wasnt paradise, but it was a lot better than any gogobar Ive seen.

This is just my personal preference, to those who will flame me.

Smeg

----------------------------

cool it, Smeg, no need to agress people. I just wonder what took you 6 months to discover Thermae. Not sure what you meant by enslaved girls, do you have a personal knowledge of gogos and bars with enslaved girls?

It looks like "Grace" in very bad day,or even worsier.

Hmm, I have to disagree as well. Thermae is NOT my favorite playground but I've never had a bad experience there.

Grace in the old days, my God, talk about Breugel's inferno...

Smeg, a different opinion will bring about a discussion and it's a good thing. You have recently posted a few of those, and it generated lively threads, and it's a good thing. But with your habit of being somewhat contrarian you should expect that people will often disagree. I haven't seen anyone flaming you, but now you seem to be challenging people to do so. And that is not such a good thing, IMO.

Well, I'm not really a Thermae expert, but the few times I've been in there, I was offered a drink, after ordering from the table, or floor, I got my drink, and was asked to pay, the woman then sat with me, apparently not a waitress, just a helpful and friendly sales woman smile.gif. Generally, the last few times I was in there, it was a grim scene, mainly older, and beat/desparate looking women, and punters. In the "old days" it was a hot spot, and is still worth checking out if you want to see for yourself. Grace may be a bit better, but it was really crowded the last time I was in there. Like any place, it has its' good and bad times. I think given the recent problems with knock out drugs, you should try and order your own drinks at the bar, in case the server isn't really working there, as was the case the last time I was there.

Archived