Are TGs mentally damaged by Prostitution?

Solar,

The quote you used, was pretaining to certain American hookers/strippers I have known.

Fripence,

I belthe current fine for hooking is $150 usd or so in SFO, provided the arrested party shows up for court. Odd they hardly bust the drag queens or gays. The cost of "John School" is around $500 + other costs and may also include community service. I may have mentioned I was walking with a friend awhile back, saw around 10 cops running a sting for soliciting, about 50 yards down the street, we were offered drugs on 3 different occassions. Guess law enforcement in SFO are to big a pussies to fight serious crimes. In Oakland, they will take your car++ Bullshit if you ask me.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says Old Hippie:

Solar,

The quote you used, was pretaining to certain American hookers/strippers I have known.

Fripence,

I belthe current fine for hooking is $150 usd or so in SFO, provided the arrested party shows up for court. Odd they hardly bust the drag queens or gays. The cost of "John School" is around $500 + other costs and may also include community service. I may have mentioned I was walking with a friend awhile back, saw around 10 cops running a sting for soliciting, about 50 yards down the street, we were offered drugs on 3 different occassions. Guess law enforcement in SFO are to big a pussies to fight serious crimes. In Oakland, they will take your car++ Bullshit if you ask me.

It is not about fighting crime. Prostitution is an easy revenue generator for the city coffers and police pockets. Tricks and hooks will not fight it, they just pay their fines quietly and try not to get caught next time around.

These are the characteristics necessary for them to operate in their chosen environment, but it seems to have destroyed their true, genuinely warm personality. I don't know if the damage is permanent.

A fairly complicated topic once you dig into it. The short answer, I believe, is yes prostitution is most certainly damaging. As Diggler brought up, it can also be damaging to the guys participating as well especially if it develops into a compulsive behavior that starts to interfere (to a negative degree) in one's life in general.

If one thinks about it, one's personality really is not much more than one's natural tendencies mixed in with one's life experiences. The friend you met 20 years ago may be a very different person from the friend you met today if they have had a lot of significant experiences in their life during the time that has passed. This is why people might meet old friends but feel that their lives have gone different directions and that they no longer have much in common anymore.

Back to the subject of bargirls, as you described the girls tend to get 'hardened' by participating in the scene. The constantly flow of men, the broken promises, the sometimes abuse, the drugs, the mistrust, the theft, the late nights, bad food, bad health, dangers, etc etc all create a defense mechansism for the girls that essentially destroys their innocent outlook on life. They become cynics at a very very young age, and that is only those who still manage to maintain balance.

Though it's a label, I've seen girls who in the time I have lived here have entered the bar scene, worked for a number of years, and slowly lost touch with reality and gone 'crazy'. In some cases this process has been sped up through consistant drug use, but in others it is the realty of the world they are trapped in that has pushed them to and over the edge.

Others seem to cope and manage to escape the bar scene after a while. None escape without an altered and less innocent view of the world and their place in it, however.

Cheers!

This thread has reminded me about a conversation a couple of other posters and myself had one evening in the Cathouse just after the young girl who sells the lighters in and around NEP paid us a visit..Its obvious she has become streetwise very early in life,she's about 13 or 14 years old and the consenses of opinion was that she's one of tommorrows gogo girls.Is she or for that fact any of the other kids that sell things around sanuck areas likely to be mentally damaged by the scene even before they've reached adult hood?

Nicely put Crash. I think the term mentaly damaged is a bit strong.

mentaly altered may be more apropriate. there is no doubt in my mind that most everyone the BG's and customers undergo an alteration. The question would be when is that good and when is that bad. I think participating in what is considerd a taboo can actually have a liberating effect. This probably applys more towards the customers though. The down side is when one starts to see the taboo as normal. At this point I think there is a good chance of losing contact with real life. When I was there I think I saw as many men who where altered beyond repair as I did BG's I would not consider these folks damaged, but they are definatly not functioning on the same plain they once did. They are now just different. There are lots of things in life that can cause this kind of change. I just think that somehow having it happen because a p4p carries a certain stigma.

Its obvious she has become streetwise very early in life,she's about 13 or 14 years old and the consenses of opinion was that she's one of tommorrows gogo girls.

Rusty, she's 14 years old and really streetwise. I believe that she is already mentally damaged even though she has not yet entered the scene.

Archived