Not all gogo girls are "available"

june11

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my points/questions TTM. Very interesting responses.

I hope you will continue to share your insights on this board based on those BGs who are willing to share their views.

I agree that while the commission on ladydrinks might be peanuts to the stunners used to big paydays, I was wondering how they view the guys who offer to buy one for them and have a chat vs. those who just barfine them off the stage without a word.

Do they care, or are they just interested in the $$$?

>I was wondering how they view the guys who offer to buy one for them and have a chat vs. those who just barfine them off the stage without a word.

Do they care, or are they just interested in the $$$?

First hand response: bar fine rules the bar world. Lady drinks are welcome from known friends who should show their consideration and not draw the girls from possible customers.

A friend is, someone who turns up on a lousy day and gets them to go home or anywhere out of the bar. In short, pays the bf sometimes, sex available but not mandatory.

There is no such thing as "nice guy, always buy me a drink".

Why is that?

"Him buy me a drink and go, him go home eat and sleep and I dance all night! Who want to dance all night?".

Indeed, if you pop up and buy her a drink at 9:30pm, stay 15 mins and go, at 1am, while still shuffling around the pole, would she remember you existed?

> I too seriously doubt that the percentage of girls having boyfriends is that high. Again, I too, have no rational explanation for it though.

Nether do I, other than my gf's estimation and a sample of about 20 bgs that I know.

Her take is: stunners, almost all have a bf/husband, goes over 90%. General bg population, 60-70%.

Nana has 20 gogos. 60 girls at average (I think it is more than that), makes over 1000 bgs. I would think 1400-1600 but not all are always there.

Must admit that motobai counting is not a good example of linking Thai men with bgs.

Hi sarisin,

I think most B/G's think of bar salary income as peanuts. They may come to appriciate what comes in at the end of the month, but their sights are really never set on that. They are not there to make 8,000 baht a month. They are there to have access to retirement. If they see a 'big fish', and think they have a chance at catching it, they are going to care less about a 100 baht fee for showing up late, or pursuing him in bar, and taking a 50 baht fine for not making it to her scheduled dance round. Their sights are set well beyond that.

The bar is just an ends to their percieved means. I think most are just biding their time, taking customers 1 at a time, until her prince charming (rich falang who will love her too mutt), comes for her. If you were to look into their brain, I think the large majority look at the bar scene as something they have to do to meet 'her' man (and pay the rent, in the meantime) who will wisk her away to the land of riches, she has heard so much about.

Of course, you have the hard core (arguably the smart ones) doing 3 S/T's a night, but I think the majority are somewhat obsessed with having her life 'saved', by being able to run into a falang willing to 'support' her (and family). Hense the reason for such good performances for so little baht, in the LOS. The bar is just an ends to her means, in her eyes.

Just talking out loud ::

HT

My personal experience tends to say that the boyfriend/husband number is a bit too high. I think there may be many girls who use the term "boyfriend" when they describe a customer who they really like and may send them a little cash now and then but the actual take go home, sleep with, cook for intimate boyfriend/husband relationship is very low for a woman in the bar scene in my estimation.

>actual take go home, sleep with, cook for intimate boyfriend/husband relationship is very low for a woman in the bar scene in my estimation.

Wish I could share your opinion. My observations from 20-odd bgs I know and my gf tell me the oposite.

The bf/husband does not have to be in the immediate proximity - could be drinking away and whoring somewhere in the "upcountry".

Again, my gf is saying the number could be even higher - 80 out of 100 bgs will have a Thai man in the background.

Another variable has just been introduced to me - bgs who come "clean" of Thai bf/husband, go and pay (barfine) Thai men for fuck. Some of them get attached to the man "from the industry" and that brings them into the high percentage of the "engaged" bgs.

I have no more arguments to present here. Being almost done with one girl (and not really interested about the outcome of this thread), will be reading what other board members have to say.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi khwai,

Hey - you were right - maybe.

Just heard from TGF who wants to go to visit her former place of employment in NEP tonight. Reason is that a friend of hers has started working there. The friend was there before but left maybe a year ago when an American (non-resident BKK) took her out, got married to her in a Thai ceremony and takes care of her financially. She is still trying to get a visa to go and join him in the US.

She has gone back for "sanuk" only - Thai meaning not this board's meaning - because she is bored. She is not going to "do anything".

This is what I was told.

Do I believe it?

Not really.

Khwai

Archived