Anyone Else Want To Try and Lose Some Weight?

The_Munchmaster

barry, cutting out carbs is nonsense if you dont mind me saying so (stored energy turns to fat be it spinach or spuds!), you need a balance of everything, carbs, fats, protein etc etc, i eat rice, sandwichs, potatoes etc just in moderation!

Never said anything about zero carbs. Plenty of greens, nuts etc will do you good. Starchy/sweet food is largely empty calories.

The guys on here with the big guts have out of kilter metabolisms. Too much glucose > too much insulin > too much fat being stored and too much cholesterol produced by the liver. Moderation may work slowly, or they may just slide back into old ways.

Gotta be ruthless and cut down on those empty calories and do it for life.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<

Regards,

SD -- 6'3" and 111Kgs for years now...>>

You must use the same scales as waerth does :) I get weighed every month or so at various hospitals, the joys of living with a hypochondriac, and my weight is quite accurate.

Wanna come past Fortune for a can of Beer Laos and re weigh ourselves?

OK, Day 1 of Week 2 (I know I only started posting yesterday but I actually started my campaign on 1 Jan).

Weighed in this morning and I'm 122.4kg. So I've lost 2kg. I'm :) with that. It could probably have been more but I only started excercising two days ago.

However results are always encouraging at the beginning of any diet / exercise campaign (which is a good thing) and I put this down to loss of excess fluid as much as, or more than, loss of fat. As far as I know there is a limit to how much fat you can lose in a week and it isn't 2 kg.

there are so many other studies that claim that obesity is one of the major factor reducing life expectancy and i would say there could be somthing in those!

when i had my record weight of 96 kg, i had the worst health check results with several areas outside the norm. they also noted "fatty liver".

when i was back under 85 kg, values were most (with one exception) back to normal and the "fatty liver" was gone!

Archived