What IS The Latest News On Red Shirts

bust

Many reports from tweeter that there are stacks of tires blocking Asok Suk intersection.

That is view from my office. There are none, traffice is normal but very light

There is a lot of smoke from in front of Lumpini Tower on Rama IV, so the reports of tire burning there is true.

TH

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree, all the Thais I ever met always believed 'friend' 'relatives' rather than anything else...

Amidst this mess I was happy to receive a call today telling me the boss sent all the employees of Q House Lumpini home...instead of having them go to another Q House -> reason given: Too difficult and risky for the employees to go to work (even at other Q House) given there is no BTS/MRT and the current reds...

Seems some Thais are more sane than others

Many reports from tweeter that there are stacks of tires blocking Asok Suk intersection.

That is view from my office. There are none, traffice is normal but very light

There is a lot of smoke from in front of Lumpini Tower on Rama IV, so the reports of tire burning there is true.

TH

Last night when driving home around 3am, the asoke to rama3 flyover over rama 4 has been blocked by tires and behind the blockade were around a dozens of young guys wearing helmets. I had to drive below then and pass klong toey. Dozens of Taxi were parked there and the drivers stand in groups and were discussing. Traffic was closed to one lane and moved very slow at 3:00am.

I also believe that taxi drivers close to the red shirts, gather and then drive to a central intersection and put tire blockades up.

I did not spot one soldier or police guy. I thought they are sealing this thugs off. Where are they? Two before sukhumvit/asoke has been full of them. Now when it escalates they are gone. I am puzzled.

Hardy - true - soldiers have been gone for a few days now actually.

But really not needed there - they are needed at Ploenchit / Soi Zero to make sure that the Reds don't head any further into Sukhumvit to hold their peaceful protest.

Well but they are (or would have been) definitely needed at the Rama 4 flyover. It was very dark and they put no warning signs. I almost crashed into the tires. How can it be that the military and police let it happen that thugs put up road unlit road blocks on major streets?

Archived