What IS The Latest News On Red Shirts

bust

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calm before the storm me thinks.

Just a thought. If they believe in re-incarnation, how you going to feel as a red shirt if you die in the protests and come back as a yellow shirt?

Nice - hope they enjoy their movement.

Because of them (and others like them) - millions of people are facing hardships all over the country. Some much more than others. Some just inconveniences, others financially and so far almost a hundred with their lives.

For What? What exactly are they protesting?

But it gets even better - if they win and this government collapses (which seems to be a possibility) - then it gets even worse for them - remember the "poor" will be even more poor if the country goes down.

Or if the government/Army/Police finally take action - then loads of their supporters are going to go down - again for what?

Hopefully there is a plan - but I'm not counting on it.

The safest place right now is in the middle of Rajaprasong - thanks to the Reds they have moved the fight outbound with their peaceful protest.

Do THEY know what they want? It seems many do not really know why they are there.

I've heard several people describe that many of the camp's older women being pissed out of their minds most of the time.

There was also an article (in Nation?) a while ago about a retired female college professor going in there and talking with some of the Reds. They had no clue about what was really going on.

Panithan Wattanayakorn just gave an excellent reply on BBC World when asked

"Will the Government meet Red Shirt demands that the government order the troops to stop shooting on people, withdraw the troops from all spots and resume the peace talk."

He Replied

"We didn't Start the violence just trying to contain it, if the Red Shirts want the troops to stop shooting then they should stop the violence and go home, then we can discuss the roadmap"

Pom, the thing is that they're knowingly putting their life on the line. All rebellions and revolutionary movements always involved mostly the lower classes of society because those are the ones who have nothing to lose, and perhaps a lot to gain if their struggle succeed.

My perception of their "plan" is only that: they're willing to fight to death for their cause, with the hope (maybe false) that for each fallen, there will be 100 more rising to carry on the struggle.

Archived