What IS The Latest News On Red Shirts

bust

Kim,

Protesters are one thing - these are hooligans, criminals, etc. that are on the front lines battling against the state.

The problem is that the state (govt/military) have not fulfilled their responsibility to protect its citizens - so now we get this level of anarchy in a major city.

Two comments -

1. I always wondered how the Thai army could do what they did back in 76 / 92. Now I know.

2. I always wondered how there could a war in former Yugoslavia to happen in this day and age - now I know.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like any tool, it is useful but you need to know how to use it.

As audience members, people aren't good at 50% believing, that's the problem with it. The tweet might be true or it might not. That kind of leaves you in limbo pretty much always. Unless it's a source you know you can rely on. Guess that needs to be a professional, someone who has something to lose by distweeting, whose credibility is their livelihood.

But ok it has done well in places like the Orange revolution, the Iran election, etc. Definite positive effect in those circumstances.

In this one, it's mostly just noise. And we already have the Nation for that. ;)

"Following the phone call, Natthawut held a meeting with other red-shirt leaders immediately"

Invited him for dinner?

Hopefully it was a real ultimatum - sit down for talks now - or tonight is your last night camping out - you will be sitting in jail by tomorrow.

Nah - was probably just the dinner invitation.

Getting dark soon!

5,000 reds defy deadline

4:06pm

There were still about 5,000 protesters at the Ratchaprasong rally site when the 3pm deadline passed police said this afternoon.

Police spokesman Maj-Gen Prawut Thawornsiri said an estimated 5,000 people were seen dancing and singing inside their fortified base.

Shortly after 2pm, military helicopters dropped leaflets on the encampment, urging the protesters to leave the rally site immediately.

This angered the protesters, who shot skyrockets at them.

Rink

And since I want news sources I can trust, I will not.

A bit of an oxymoron most of the time. Problem with a lot of media outlets the truth and facts get blurred to provide a "scoop".

Archived