Long Gun Scam?

Old Hippie

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't make bargirls angry. You wouldn't like them when they're angry... ::

I'm wondering if Greenlander is the same guy who, about a year ago, entertained us with the idea of inventing a reputation by going around telling bargirls he was from this strange new place called 'Greenland'. Surely not, though. This version is hardliner 1970s Soviet-style!

I just wonder what would happen if he actually called the police and they came. What would he tell them? Really. The only contract you have with the bar regarding the barfine is that it allows you to take the girl out of there. The rest is between you and her. So he can't really claim he's been cheated by the bar. And the girl hasn't taken money off him. And, isn't prostitution still illegal in Thailand? So, he's there saying "I DEMAND my money back. She plainly won't have sex for money from me. I feel cheated!" How does that turn out? Has anyone actually done this?

Straycat,

Problem is that I am fed up of losing in this country. Going with the flow more often than not means getting taken advantage of / shafted.

Immediately a girl starts mucking me around any raport that I may have built up with her evaporates and the situation is no longer sanuk. Getting my money back is one way for me to feel less bad about the situation and save face. Fighting back makes me feel better.

This third girl did not renege on any implicit contract with me, she just pissed me off beyond belief. There was no way I was going to enjoy the night with her. If that warmth isn't there between me and the girl it's a waste of time and money.

The telephone thing was probably a little extreme, but it worked. I did it after about ten minutes of so of waiting around while they tried to ignore me, in the hope that I would calm down and go away. When I got the mobile out a purply magically appeared. God knows what would have happened if I had actually called them, but the mere threat of an English speaking policeman on the premises obviously had an impact.

I appreciate your point Khunsanuk. You have got to be careful not to cross the wrong person.

However, I don't like prostitutes getting one over on me. It is a tremendous loss of face - for me. If they start getting nasty it becomes a contest which unfortunately someone is going to lose. I see it as playing the Thais at their own game.

>I see it as playing the Thais at their own game.

Ohh, you can try that. In the fields of medical research, technology, agriculture....and have some success.

With bgs, you would normally pay, swallow whatever happens, knowing it's one-off and go further.

Extreme situations, some people bring to this board. Many keep it quiet.

You seem to have found a way to play the game that works for you.

And generally I agree with your approach. :up:

Maybe we also need to say is 'no problems, then plenty sanuk'. - I don't seem to have these problems very often these days, maybe my hardliner attitude has changed to a 'take no shit' impression.

Once I took a GGG out and she wanted to visit a place where she had friends. She chatted away with them as I propped up the bar a few yards away and I saw these tabs being put into my cup. She was buying her friends LDs and telling the bar to put them in my cup. I took them out, said - not mine. I told her you order, you buy.

She lost a bit of face in front of her friends, but I felt I gained some.

Well done on chasing the refund - I think it is the right approach.

:up: :up: :up: :up:

Archived