First Visit to Gulliver's

Sarisin

I don't want to take this thead off course, but when you mentioned the insurance sales angle I had to laugh. I know a gal in Jakarta who is quite popular amoung my Chinese my Chinese associates. Her game is that she goes home with guys who she feels are good prospects for her products. Her M.O. is to give her sales pitch on insurance during the after boom boom pillow talk - never fails.

I have to admire her fortitude. If I had an army of this kind of salesperson, I'm sure I could acheive great things. Hmmm, makes me think about changing my recruiting policy. :D

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. Same game. The "Insurance saleslady" angle also gave her cover for the times she couldn't be with me. I never knew Insurance seminars sometimes lasted until 3:00 A.M. lol

She did have some connections to Insurance, though. About a week or 2 after we met, she surprised me with a policy. She waited until she figured she had me sized up properly. 87,000 Baht a year for 10 years. When I didn't sign, I somehow became less handsome.

IMHO, I disagree. Face has nothing to do with it. It's all about business, and they have learned to play the game well. You don't shit where you eat. If you leave with every punter that hits on you, you lose the ability to pass as a non-pro. The girls I know are not there to find 1 night stands. They are after bigger stakes. The golden goose is the frequent visiter that actually believes he has a real girlfriend in Bangkok, and sends money each month. They establish a home base where they have access to a steady stream of new punters, but make a point of taking them elsewhere for their evenings out. Many of the girls know each other. They compare notes, support each others stories, and cooperate. They also steal each others punters if given the opportunity, which makes for some great amusement.

Hi,

"MOst of the non pro girls I know would not be caught DEAD in lower Suk let alone inside a "bar" "

Yep, that reflects my experience as well.

'Good Thai girls' do not go out in Sukhumvit, plenty of other places around where they do not have to deal with being mistaken for working girls.

Sanuk!

KS,

Agreed, and I would add that there are a lot of ex-FL's who have steady boyfriends that believe they have transcended being FL's. They believe they are now GTGs becuase they don't have to work for need of money. But, they still frequent their old haunts becuase that's where all their friends are and they can still play in the pecking order.

I think these are the girls who look hot and dress the part but when asked out, the decline with a look of shock that someone would think they are on the game. But, these girls want to be approached to make them feel they are still marketable, and they need their friends to see the same.

But in the end, these are not GTGs in the classic sense. I'm sure there are a lot of GTGs that would love to hand out at Gullivers, but they would never want anyone to see them there.

I turned to a friend the other night at Gullivers and commented that there were many nice looking ladies there. He replied, 'Then you haven't been to Soi 7 today'. I think he was right on the mark.

Having said that, I agree there are some bar girls suffering an identity crisis. I had an ex Soi 33 girl stay with me several months ago. She was (happlily?) engaged to be married, and had already made one trip to Europe with her fiance. Still, she wanted to stay with me (although she brought along 3-4 friends from Soi 33). We went out to play some pool and she even told Jazz that she wouldn't shag me. Fortunately, that turned out to be a lie, but some girls do have a hard time leaving the game and she was clearly uncomfortable.

And some on Soi 33 have difficulty admitting they are in the game in the first place, which is a joke.

Now that I think about it, she and her friends got to hang out with a farang to pay their way for a couple of days with a minimum amout of boom boom. So perhaps, mission accomplished. ::

Interesting last few posts. Seems to be a lot of disagreement on whether these are BGs, Non-BGs, freelancers or GTGs....

Well, since these categories are not always clearly defined, i can see the confusion what we have here.

I think i will need to check out the place and render my own subjective viewpoint.

My stab at definitions:

Freelancers - girls who have a regular job (part or full-time) of some type but hit the bar scene to accept money for sexual services on a periodic basis.

BGs - girls who primary function and source of money is the bar whether from their slary, tips or going with customers. I would say 97% function as prostitutes....

NON-BGs - Girls who have regular jobs who might or might not have an interest in falangs. Some will go out on dates with falangs but at no time expect to receive cash for their time out. some (many will not) will eventually sleep with their date for fun or looking for a serious relationship but again no money is directly exchanged for sexual services. These types might or might not be approachable in bars/discos re: falangs.

GTGs - These are girls who almost never go to bars or discos and rarely if ever smoke or drink hard alcohol. If in this venue, they are unapproachable by strangers. They will date falangs only if introduced by a credible source or some screening mechanism has been employed. They are virgins still or live a life acting like virgins (isn't the term virginality?). If you ever sleep with a GTG, expect that she is thinking about marriage with you. Some will remain a virgin until marriage....

I will see next week what are the happenings at Gulliver's...

Cardinalblue

Archived