Going Home With A Katoey!

MooNoi

Another thing I'd like more info about (teachers in particular) is the fact that I've seen quite a few potential katoeys among students.

I see aprox. 100+ different studens a week/month. About 50 of them are males between the age of 10 and 20 years and from these 50 I'd say, according to their behaviour etc, at least 5 of them are potential katoeys.

Maybe more but certainly not less IN MY CASE that is.

That's a delicate 10% of my male students since 2001. I find this figure rather high. :: Not that it is a worrisome 'fact', rather surprising.

I'd be very interested in hearing about others' thoughts and observations.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Truthfully, he was drunk and paranoid, and my bullshit didn't help matters :) She was a bit more "glamarous" than the average dancer, and she was tall etc...so he got a bit paranoid... But my question stands, as we have many different opinions here, I have to ask, if a guy is attracted to a real woman but suspects she might be a katoey, what does it mean? She is after all a "real woman" but he thinks she looks like a katoey, does this mean he wants a katoey or has gay tendancys? Just trying stoke it up here...

Says Old Hippie:

O.k. time to pour gas on the fire!!! Often times, you will see many groups opposed to the "public gay issue." Often their reason is "...well, if we allow them to marry, prance around in public...then it will send a message to the children that this is acceptable behavior...thus kids will think it is o.k. to be gay and become gay..." So, my question...Is Thailand's open acceptedness of Gays the reason we see so many katoeys? Just trying stir up an already good thread...
:)

Even if it?s not proven, I think being gay/bi is genetic. However straight people can have gay experiences/relationships without being gay.

So, some might ?turn? gay, or confused about what they are, like the Christian league fears more than anything else in the word, but I think the numbers will be insignificant. Maybe a few more will try to experiment a bit. Who know?

At any rate I don?t care. If it?s two consenting adults, and not about money, no problem.

As for the discussion about having sex with a Katoey makes one a homosexual, no not necessarily. It could be viewed as a somewhat homosexual experience though. Who cares?

I also think that a liberal society could allow more people to change sex to become what they feel like inside. Again the number that is inside the gender they are born, and decide to change because it?s acceptable would be insignificant.

All in my opinion of course. Maybe I should wait until meeting one before having an opinion at all :)

(and I will know what they are when meeting them you unbelivers:) )

<So, some might ?turn? gay, or confused about what they are>

I think it is impossible to turn gay, I certainly couldn't, could you? Your sexuality is almost certainly determined by genetics, you don't choose it , it chooses you. The more we accept that everyone is not the same, and not have a problem it, the more people will express their true personalities, and the less hung up we will all be towards gender. What really matters is the quality of the person inside the mask that western society still demands they wear. ::

anywhere else the katoeys are the same quality as Thailand???

----------------------------

I think Brazil katoeys have a good reputation for looking good too.

here in SF, I had fun years ago. A GF had a transsexual white friend visiting her, and we all went out, and some of my girl-chasing friends started to flirt with the Tranny, and it's only because I was all cracked up that they started getting the hint. the delusion really worked for a while.

I have no idea.. Female intuition?

------------------------------------------

I guess they may have problems with butches, and think they are guys, inversely. Male intuition is also of good help to get a hint, but as I just wrote, women are not embarassed with being attracted to other women (at least, your wife and our Gfs), and we guys need to get a bit closer to question our attraction, then the identity of the object seducing us.

Who cares?

-----------------------------

interesting as I read the posts. Most guys who say they have no fear, just dislike the Co of katoeys and gays. It seems they are the same who are adamant that going with a katoey is a sign of (repressed?) homosexuality. While the ones who think "whatever, who cares?" seem not to be bothered by their presence or company. Just seems that the whole thing is more to be handled by each one's personality than minute-defining sexual behaviours and insisting on labeling people.

Someone mentionned Bgs not liking katoeys. never been my experience. Whenever I visit girls in their digs, maybe for a Bday party or what not, katoeys can be present, hang around, drop by to say hello, etc....

They are humans too, not show animals.

Archived