Going Home With A Katoey!

MooNoi

I have to ask, if a guy is attracted to a real woman but suspects she might be a katoey, what does it mean?

...does this mean he wants a katoey or has gay tendancys?

I don't think it means he has gay tendencies whatever that means. The attraction results because she is a woman, i.e. is feminine. It may be that he is attracted to her and does not care about her gender status.

If he is attracted to her because he is convinced she is a pre-op katoey and has a dick, and would not be attracted if he found out she didn't have a dick, than I'd say the man is bi-sexual.

A genuinely gay man would not be attracted to a katoey imo, he wants another man who looks like a man.

Someone here who is gay should speak up because heteros are stupid when it comes to this (no pun).

he was drunk and paranoid

This paranoia thing makes me wonder what guys are so afraid of. Its like never being able to put the grade school boy talk behind us. Even the guys who posted here that are 'opposed' to katoeys (for lack of a better word), all say "so what" if you shagged one. This shows that the humiliation from our peers that is the root of the paranoia would never materialize, or at least not in most social circles.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Thailand's open acceptedness of Gays the reason we see so many katoeys?

This is a good question because it points up a cultural difference between thai and the west.

First need to decide if thais really are more open/accepting of gays. Are there big differences in tolerance between what goes on in bkk compared to the rest of thailand?

Do thai boys growing up really accept it when one of their own decides he wants to be a girl? In the west some serious ass kickings would occur.

but he thinks she looks like a katoey, does this mean he wants a katoey or has gay tendancys? Just trying stoke it up here...

A katoey is a male to female transexual. I have a question for the guys who say going with a katoey means you are gay.

What if the opposite scenario occurred: A punter is attracted to a female to male transexual (they are out there). Is he gay also or hetero?

I say the guy who likes the katoey is not gay, the punter who likes the female to male IS gay.

>>>Are there big differences in tolerance between what goes on in bkk compared to the rest of thailand?<<<

in my experience in the villages people are a lot more accepting and tolerant towards gay and katoey than in the urban middle class (even though the huge amount of katoey in the universities).

for example in my missus's village there are more than a few katoey who are just a normal part of life, they hang out with people like everybody else does. there is a lesbian couple which was even married by the monks. some other guys are openly bisexual, and are still part of life.

everybody seems to know about the others sexuality, jokes are made of course, but always in a friendly way.

whatever other problems there are - and there are many - discrimination because of gender- and sexual orientation are not existing there.

>>>A katoey is a male to female transexual. <<<

>>>I have a question for the guys who say going with a katoey means you are gay.<<<

i can give you here the thai village perspective.

the "gay" phemomenon is a very new thing in thailand, came with the vietnam war and the sextourism afterwards - there is even no proper world for that in the thai language.

what you had before was kateoy, and in the villages people call not only transgendered katoey, but camp homosexuals as well.

you always had katoey (but now more than before), and they were part of villagelife. what i can see more importance in a relationship with a man and another man or a katoey is who is the male part of that relationship (or brief sexual encounter). lots of blokes in my missus's village for example have had sex with katoey (always anticipated by the oversexed and unmarried blokes are the village fairs where the katoey troups come...;)) but are not seen as gay. people make jokes about them of course but after some time those blokes marry like everybody else.

for my missus it was very confusing in the beginning to understand the real "gay" relationships here in bangkok.

sexuality here in thailand in that aspect is very strange for us westerners (and a nightmare for sexologists), takes more than a while to get used to the differences and contradictions.

Says MaiLuk:

A katoey is a male to female transexual. I have a question for the guys who say going with a katoey means you are gay.

What if the opposite scenario occurred: A punter is attracted to a female to male transexual (they are out there). Is he gay also or hetero?

I say the guy who likes the katoey is not gay, the punter who likes the female to male IS gay.

Mailuk,

Best point sofar on this thread..........suddenly most members here are not gay anymore :) :) :)

I know I have been fooled before by a stunner katoey :(

Cheers !

anywhere else the katoeys are the same quality as Thailand???

I think Brazil katoeys have a good reputation for looking good too.

What are you guys trying to do turn this into Dr. Joker's board part II? :o

If this degenerates into katoey inspired travel reports I'm leaving. :banghead:

I'd say the guy who likes a katoey dick and all is at the very least Bisexual if not leaning more towards gay. A guy who likes a post-op katoey and doesn't know is more than likely hetero. And a guy who likes a reverse female to male is again at least bisexual.

I mean seriously if a punter is with an apparently beautiful lady and finds a bat and balls and says "oooh super!" He isn't exactly straight.

Again no judgment call. If an Aussie wants to shag a sheep up to him. Just don't tell me it's a lady with a body hair problem. :nono:

Archived