Going Home With A Katoey!

MooNoi

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the sensitivity here is in the terminology. There have been past discussions of people upset about BG's being called whores and guys running bars being called pimps. The mother of all insults starting at a young age is what? Being called gay of course! I think that word prevents meaningful conversation about what's really happening here. It's strange to me that people use the word kinky to describe a guy who likes getting it from a girl with a strap on at Eden, but the guy who chooses a katoey for a BJ is just plain gay. They?ll say ?but the difference is it?s really a girl!?? Umm but you?re enjoying a cock up your bung hole. ?Yeah man, but she?s still a she so it?s not gay at all!? Umm? :p err... :: Not! ::

I think all would agree katoeys aren't interchangeable with regular guys from a customer standpoint. The guys who tend to barfine women are the ones who like them and so you'll find them next to or mixed in with girl bars. So calling these gay relationships may be technically correct from a dictionary standpoint, but it ignores the phenomenon. Regardless what anyone else THINKS, katoeys DON?T consider themselves as men and the men going with them DON?T consider themselves as gay. Calling them names isn?t going to change that. On the other side, I would speculate guys who do consider themselves as gay wouldn't want a katoey, wouldn?t want to act like one, and wouldn?t want a relationship with the type guys who like katoeys. Katoeys have created a real social quagmire of sexuality for the guys who knowingly and unknowingly are attracted. A psychologist who calls it an open and shut case of homos in denial I doubt has ever been to LOS and hasn?t seen what?s happening here. The slogan for Tiffany?s cabaret in Pattaya comes to mind ?She's more of a man than you?ll ever be... And more of a woman too!?. Pretty much sums up the paradox of it.

Mailuk,

I have read about that brain study as well. I have also read about the brain study of gay and lesbian people. I am also familiar with a few cases of people going through life prentending to be the opposite gender, and under psychological exam, proved to be "normal." I have heard many arguments on this subject, and have discussed it with a few gay men I work with, as well as my favorite cousin, a self described "flaming gay." All conclude that if you are regularly attracted to men dressed as women, then you are a gay man who prefers his men dressed as women. If, you are a man who occassionally likes a man dressed as a woman, you are a bi sexual man. If you are a hetero sexual who is attracted a man dressed as a woman (with out you knowing he is a man) than you are a guy who got fooled and most likely will lose interest when you find out it is really a man. These are other people's fews, not necessarily mine, though I think they make sense. Your views do open another way of thinking, and interpreting sexuality, which lead to the bottom line of "So what?" If you enjoy it, then enjoy it, and if society has a problem, then it is their problem.

On a side note, the religious right in the USA has lost many major battles over the years, such as women's rights, inter-racial relationships, abortions and a few others. It seems gay issues are their last stand of trying to force their views down other people's throats...

Says Zaad:

I feel like Kylie Minogue today...
:grinyes:

:beer:

I feel like ten beers and a large bottle of scotch after ploughing through this bloody thread: what a headache... :doah:

What about mirrors (if you want to be commonsensical) or DNA (if you want to be scientific)? The swarthy, balding, hairy-chested, gruff-voiced bricklaying father of two who "believes" he's "really" a woman ;) might find it hard to argue with his reflection or his genetic profile, however much the clever semioticians, shrinks or philosophers agree that he's a bird. :o

And what about birds who are convinced that they're "really" blokes then (like that Brandon Teena/Teena Brandon cat who was murdered ? the movie 'Boys Don't Cry' was based on his/her story)? We gonna sit and have a few beers with 'him' and his plastic cock and bandaged-down tits, or give 'her' a good slap and tell 'her' to wise up and get 'her' eyes off our women? ::

Curiouser and curiouser... :dunno:

jack :help:

PS. Actually, I feel like Kylie Minogue quite often too: as in, I feel like shagging the tight skinny baby-oiled arse off her... :p

Sorry, Fiery Jack. This not a reply to you... forgot to scroll back to beginning of thread.

The largest sex organ in the body is the brain. Personally, if I even ?think? it?s a bloke or ever has been, I couldn?t get a hard on in a million years. That?s simply the way ?my? mind works, and you can never escape your thoughts. Whether those thoughts are a result of some natural heterosexual hormone affecting my brain or a construct of my upbringing, the reality is still the same for me in ?my? mind. We?ve all got different minds, and different realities? be a boring world if we were all alike. Whatever your mind turns you onto, good luck to you ?room enough for all of us on the planet, I reckon. ::

That reminds of the joke about the two lesbians crossing the Nullarbor Desert on a bus. The bus breaks down and the passengers have to share rooms with strangers in a small motel for the night. As they?re getting ready for bed, one says to the other,?I must be frank with you, I?m a lesbian?. ?That?s OK. You be Frank tonight, and I?ll be Frank tomorrow night?. :grinyes:

I unwittingly shagged my first khatoey on my last trip.You would think that after 12 years of travelling to LOS i would be able to pick the difference,but at 5'4'' she sailed under the radar.

It was halfway thru the bonk that i realised i had just BOTTOMED OUT.....anyway i finished regardless and after she was dressed,and knowing what i now knew,i still could not pick that she used to be a guy.

After paying her i asked if she used to be a man and she said yes,and was surprised that i picked it,she said only one in ten customers on average,ever suspected.

My dick is longer than average and it was for that reason alone i discovered that my gorgoeus 5'4'' stunner was born a geezer....scary huh?

I actually enjoyed the experince and would do it again,and to any homophobes out there,if you are doing the bargirl circuit and swear you have never,or would be fooled by a khatoey then i would do a rethink cos theres a chance you could be a part of this gal's 9 out of 10 stats.

Food for thought.

Says Uncle_Pervy:

homophobes

Hi up,

Don't disagree with your comments, but what does this word "homophobe" mean? I used to think that a word followed by "phobia" meant fear of - like some people are scared of spiders, or whatever. I doubt that many people are afraid of homosexuals. Dislike of homosexuals is more common, and what's wrong with that? Dislike translated into discrimination against, or violence against I would agree is wrong - but is that what homophobia means?

Personally, I don't dislike homosexuals particularly - I have no views either way. But I would have no hesitation in forming an opinion about a persons behaviour if I didn't like what they were doing - my right. I think this word homophobia is a PC term for those who want to retain their freedom to express opinions - such as dislike of seeing men kissing each other.

Khwai

"...such as dislike of seeing men kissing each other..."

I see this a lot here in SFO...never really bothered me...but I never got used to it either, just one of those things you see. I am still not sure on the whole concept of people coming up with their own definitions of things to suit them either...sort of like the idea of "...I'm not gay, the guy sucking my dick is..." I guess we as a board shall just have to agree to disagree...again... :)

Sorry to disagree with you but homophobic violence is a major problem. Despite Australia's reputation as one of the more 'queer-friendly'places on earth, gay bashings still occur. This is often a reaction to what people fear, in themselves or others. Last year when working in student support at a major university I had a very close liason role with a unit assisting young gay men and women. I found out that many had been victims of this sort of violence, often perpetuated by those they knew. Again, I am sorry Khwai, but homophobia is a huge problem when people are beaten and sometimes die.

Cheers

Jaga

Says Rami:

So what the deal?

Anyone that stay in LOS too long knows Katoey more attractive and sexy than gals.Another matter if you try and if you like...and if you can do it open...

I say: it's great experience,and please try to accept people that like it.I'm tired of Katoey threads that smells homophobia..
:up:

Just the sight of a kotoey makes me want to puke.

Archived