Head Slammed in G-Spot - Bloody

Sorry to hear about this nasty scene, Roger Rabbit. Count me in on the boycott!

According to how I read nepfan's post on p.8, the management were frustrated that they hadn't been told of this incident. I don't think they should point the finger at their employees (for not telling). I think they should manage more effectively.

I will be going past G-Spot in the near future, if anyone tries to get me to go in, I'll smile and tell them 'G-Spot no good, no like farang'. I'll also avoid the other Crown Group bars listed in this post. If they want my f****** money, they're going to have to come up with a better act than smashing people's heads off walls, to get it.

If you guys come up with a plan of action, I'll be glad to get in on it, if I'm in town at the time. I'll follow this thread for developments. RR, what do you think is appropriate? I hope you're feeling *much better by now.

LOS in August!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why wait with a boycott untill we know the "other" side of the story.

First, the incident isn't remembered by the staff of G Spot so the "other" side (if there is even one, which i doubt very much)won't ever be told. The fact that nobody over there knows anything supports the suspicion that they have something to hide.

WHY ????

A. The owner or their direct boss expects that they "forget" it or

B. They want that the owner don't know about it.

In both cases the owner(s) of the Crown Group

are to blame. Even in the second scenario, because it's the responsability of the boss to know what happens in his organisation. It's his fault and problem if he/she doesn't know and not RR's.

So even if the owner doesn't know a thing a boycott will be justified untill he/she has taken apropiate action.

I don't agree with the people who say that a boycott won't work, because this board has only a limited number of members.

It's like casting a stone in the water. This board has also a lot of non posting readers and people who know the story will tell it to people who don't know this board but will go to thailand. Even if the revenues will drop with 0,5% it will be a substantial amount for only a "small" incident (sorry RR).

Furthermore, i can't see how a boycott could endanger certain people. How could they know who boycotts something if he isn't there why he isn't there (because he is boycotting the place).

Will they drive around in BKK searching for former clients who haven't been there for some time and ask themm why ??? Highly unlikely!!!!

I hope that Stickman gets some sort of an answer from the owner of the Crown Group, maybe then a boycott can be called off. Untill then i am supporting the boycott, hell i didn't even visit the G Spot once. Didn't miss a lot i think.

Last remark, GO TO SOI COWBOY..... lots of nice girls and reasonable numbers of stunners available there.

I hope that the Crown Group has nothing to do with the Cowboy, tell me if they do !!!!

cool.gif" border="0cool.gif" border="0cool.gif" border="0

db,

As i said before, if the owner (crown group or someone else, doesn't really matter)takes the right actions i won't support a boycott anymore.

With the right action i mean that the owner apologies. How? Maybe to stickman after checking the matter out. Don't speak of a boycott, just ask him politely if he knows what happened. If he doesn't i am sure he will try to find out what happened. He is smart enough to know that bad publicity isn't any good for his business.

About a "ringleader" of the boycott....

There is no "leader" because this boycott has not been started off by one particular person, it developed on its own.

You need no leader or something to call a boycott off. Everyone has to know for himself when he stops with the boycott.

Just as the boycott started it will stop again when people are reading posts of others on this board and change there opinion about this matter.

By the way, how can the Crown Group be our ally when you look at their new drink prices !!!!

Bangcock.

tongue.gif" border="0

Guys,

This thread has gotten out of hand I feel. The ONLY reason I'd be boycotting all of the Crown Group bars is for their price hike of 110 baht beers!

This incident in question is isolated and could have happened in ANY bar in Bangkok. There are many little tramps like this sweetheart in the many dark corners of any bar.

The fact remains that the bar should be made aware of the incident (as appears they are already) and take steps to erradicate such behaviour, ie. say 'bye bye' to little miss sweet and continue to better enforce their 'no thai guy' rules with more care.

An apology from the bar would still be applicable (as a standard business ethic practice) with some assurance that we can enjoy their bars and girls once more with some sense of security (assuming you will pay their 110 baht prices). By the sounds of it they have policies and some kind of business ethics in place already. They just need to insure that they are practiced and enforced. Bringing an incidence like this to their attention can only work in favour for everyone...

..well, nearly everyone, I imagine poor little miss Neow would have to be trying her 5000 baht scams elsewhere. laugh.gif" border="0

====================================

Dan

To bangcock,

You slipped that post in there just before I got to it, but it appears we share the same sentiment.

[ July 18, 2001: Message edited by: Dan ]

Originally posted by elfman36:

[QB]To Everyone Regarding Flyonzewall:

I've read his posts on many different topics, and he always has something negative to say to the board, always puts those that like to engage in our favorite form of recreation in a negative light, always takes the side opposite of Sanukers, in other words, one those type of posters that are always trying to stir the pot and cause irritation to the rest of us. Another fella earlier in a different topic suggested just ignoring him and I'll second that suggestion. This as much of a reaction as he'll get from me.

hi elfman,

i lived in tucson for seven years before moving to thailand in '95.

i agree with your assessment of flyonzewall's posts, and the only way to take the wind out of his sails is to ignore him. responding to his posts, in any way, only feeds him energy, gives him the attention he seems to crave.

db,

If there is no actual "ringleader", and in this case there is none, then it will be also impossible to perceive one.

The only person who could be perceived as a "problem" is RR and he is avoiding the G Spot right now. They will think that he is afraid of them and they are not thinking...... " Gjee, he is boycotting us and with him other persons".

Let these Thai losers think that they have some "power" and that we're afraid of them.

We know it's not true, but leave it that way coz we know that in such cases other losers will (police,etc) will help these losers.

This is my last post regarding this topic.

RR good luck mate !!!!!

AT LAST!!!! I can confirm this incident DID happen. I spoke to my number 1 gal last night. She works at G-Spot and was working there on the night.

So Roger isn't bullshitting us, but my gal did question the veracity of his account. She knows the girl involved.

That girl says she did not ask for 5000 baht but for 2000 baht. She reckons she was willing to do the deed, but customer (ie Roger) wouldn't budge from 1000.

When Roger, ill-advisedly in my judgement, went back the next night she naturally approached him at which point he abused her. She claimed not to know anything about the guy who then hit Roger in the gents.

Roger mai dee according to my gal.

Now, this is of course her side of the story and as we all know, truth and Thais are not on intimate terms. I'd be more inclined to believe Roger. I once went to the gents in G-Spot and after washing my hands an attendant offered to dry them. He did and then demanded 20 baht for doing so. When I refused he then delivered some unintelligible abuse at my back. So it's not the nicest atmosphere in LOS.

But at least we now have their side of the story.

PS, my gal was amazed I knew of this incident given that I'm back home in Oz. She now thinks all us farangs are in cahoots - a regular sewing circle.

She's now had a day or two to get a story together. 1-2 days ago when questioned none of them knew anything and now there is a story. Amazing Thailand. eh.

vtombrown,

Actually, i am something of an ex-sanuker, i still go into the bars, but playing around is not my thing anymore. The few times i had relapses, i felt like shit afterwards, and the sex was lousy compared what i have at home. which does not mean that i am a holy man, but i am working on being a better husband.

I see more beauty in living in Asia than misery, but the misery is definately there. The beauty of Asia i find that in the himalaya, or in south India's temple cities, or shipping down the grand canal in china, in my antique collection and in the farm i am building up for my wife's family. But i do not find that beauty in the bars. They are strange, weird, addictive, but that lifestyle has many flipsides. And I think people should be aware of that.

Some of the violence I wrote before that I have seen, I saw in the bars, but most I have seen by spending many nights out with the rescue volonteers here in bangkok. and compared to the sometimes gruesome injuries resulting from violence a little banged head is nothing. I am not hardened, but realistic.

By the way, one of the advantages of a stable relationship is that you actually get great coffee every morning.

quote:

Originally posted by vtombrown:

Dear flyonzewall,

Glad to hear that you are not a native English speaker. It explains some of the incongruities between the intelligence of the points you make (some good) versus the grammar* used to make them. I am jealous that you know three or more languages. (*quite good, however, for a non-native speaker)

No one should be particularly jealous, though, of a sanuker living in LOS with a wife. That fact presents you with the choice of betraying your wife and sanuking, or not sanuking at all. As for the other aspects of your environment, well, you proudly and continually characterize them as being misery-filled. Lovely people being starved, tortured and murdered around every corner that your hardened self turns. I don't recall you ever mentioning** that you have devoted yourself to rescuing pitiful people, or something, so what could be so wonderful about living idly among so much misery? Perhaps you are taking some literary liberties with your self-described life circumstances, which is cool. But, regardless, there appears to be gap in logic when you post above, that others can only dream of living in your habitat. Are you really writing as yourself, or is flyonzewall an alter ego? (**I'm not accusing you of never helping people, I am just pointing out that you haven't shared with us that charity is your "gig.")

Please write me back and offend me, because I, too, need to stop spending so much time on this damn board.
crazy.gif" border="0

VTB

Archived