Attacked, broken and beelding, by Hogs' Breath B

rickfarang

Thursday night, wen to the Hog's breath. Not too expensive and the women are too aggressive. Had several beers and as it approached closign time, it got more fun One BG had many too many and was pretty durnk. She came over and slugged me in the back twiche, Often this kind of violent behavious will get me out of a place right away, but being a nice guy, I turned cheek, and bought her a drink and tried to quiet her down.

Getting close to closing (01:00 AM) I was holder her on a bar stool and she insisted on sinking down and layign ont the floor, so I gentely laid her on the floor. A minute Later she indicated that she wanted to get up, so I leande down and took her left arm, which was extended, and WHAP she wachked me with her right, right smack in the left temple. My glasses wen flying. Once I found them they had broken, so I called for the chik and threw the money on the counter and left.

'Walking down the steps from Nana 2nd Floor, I realized there was a trickle of blood running down from the bridge of my nose. I turned right awround and stomped into Hog;s breath and told teh cashier what had appened (I think everyone in the bar had seen it- Drunk bar girl broke my glasses and cut my face), and made sure she understood that it was be a long f*cking time before they see me again.

I might actually stop by soon to see the manager of the Hogs'; breath. I think it is poor plicy to let thier employees get completely shit-facted (200 baht! she kept saying) that they get violent -with coustomers none the less.

I don not know when I can hve my eyeglasses fixed. Right now they sit kind of slanted on my nose becaseu one of the bridge pieces is missing.

Drunk bar girls can be s apecialkin of fun, and they acn be a hazard! The wiill not see me soo, expcep maybe to talk wtih Bob about the cost of new eyeglass frames.

RickC :::

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

" She came over and slugged me in the back twiche, Often this kind of violent behavious will get me out of a place right away, but being a nice guy, I turned cheek, and bought her a drink and tried to quiet her down. "

Might have been a better idea to buy the mommasun a drink and request that the drunk BG be kept a safe distance away from you.

Bada :dunno: Bing

It would be enough for it to made less likely that this sort of thing will happen again.

Can't really recommend a solution -maybe its goes part and parcel with sitting around in bar hereabouts. I considered HB to be a safer than average place to hang out. The woman I was buying drinks for was not drinking much alcohol in her colas, but apparently one of the others managed to get mao from a bottle they had to the left of the stage and that became a problem.

If he had done something, he may have ended up in a lot of trouble.

Remember, falangs do not carry passports - major issue just recently.

Falang injury Thai lady, falang pays.

Falangs complain about corruption, but are the first to complain when the hammer drops on them.

He left the bar. Good idea.

As for eye glass frames - if it is only the nose piece - it should cost about 20 baht. If there is more damage - like unrepairable scratches, that will cost more.

Will you get paid? Probably when hell freezes over. In these cases, sometimes you have to take the licks. Sad but true.

By the way, does anybody know if Nana Plaza has backdoors? Are they unlocked? Do they go somewhere?

And least of all, is there signage saying where the doors are?

?By the way, does anybody know if Nana Plaza has backdoors? Are they unlocked? Do they go somewhere??

Do a search, there was a thread on this maybe a year back. Best as I recall the answer is no, although I think there are a couple of bars with windows in the back you could jump out of in the case of an extreme emergency.

ST

Hi,

"By the way, does anybody know if Nana Plaza has backdoors? Are they unlocked? Do they go somewhere?"

No backdoors, but as ST mentioned some windows. I believe one of them is in the kitchen of Woodstock.

MSB, I think you are way too harsh on Rick. I don't see how he could have reacted any differently and not get himself into more trouble.

Sanuk!

Archived