Attacked, broken and beelding, by Hogs' Breath B

rickfarang

short-time said:

?By the way, does anybody know if Nana Plaza has backdoors? Are they unlocked? Do they go somewhere??

Do a search, there was a thread on this maybe a year back. Best as I recall the answer is no, although I think there are a couple of bars with windows in the back you could jump out of in the case of an extreme emergency.

ST

Best to wait till a few other people have jumped first, then use them to break your fall. :cover:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>MSB, I think you are way too harsh on Rick

Not sure I agree 100%. Harsh maybe, but not way too harsh. His glasses got knocked off by a drunk bar girl. Part, to me, of the normal "rough and tumble" of the bars. Now, if she had come at him with a knife or a bottle, maybe, then the "Attacked, broken and beelding" header would have been more apt.

I mean what does he want? All bar girls to remain stone cold sober??? That would get pretty boring pretty damn quick.

And to go and see the boss to get the money back for his glasses? Come *on*....

-j-

Was in the Bamboo Bar, north of NEP, across street on other side of Sukumvit. A bar girl was in there that was mad. She was watching to see if her boyfriend came out or was going to a ST hotel. She planned on getting him good.

As for what to do, getting revenge is not a very good idea. If you hit a bar girl, most people would look upon you as bad. How many people still believe that there are times it is still okay to hit a women? I think more then we can imagine. If you hit a woman, what will the Thai witness say in regards to the matter? Do you think any falangs will come forth and give a different version? When all is said and done, I think he took the right choice. It could have ended up costing him a lot of money and TIME.

Hi,

"His glasses got knocked off by a drunk bar girl."

The way I read it is that she hit him deliberately, which is a bit different than having them knocked off. Sounds like her intention was harm and not playfullness.

Seriously doubt I would go back to get money for glasses either though.

Sanuk!

Yeah Josh, KS is right, I was a bit harsh.

Nothing personal to Rick but increasingly I see so many guys taking shit from bar girls that it makes me want to knock some sense into them.

Guys are getting verbal abuse, laughed at, paying too much and now getting thumped. They are giving these whores far to much respect and they are mocking you.

Stand up and be a man for god sake!

I?m with KS 100% on this one. Leaving the scene was by far the best option and if there was any mistake made, it was in returning to the bar immediately following the incident. Things could have gotten much worse and heaven forbid what would happen should a farang punch out a BG. Ending up beaten half to death or even dead would not be out of the question, and certainly would not be worth a pair of glasses or a slightly bloody nose.

I have returned to bars to complain about service from the girls and although you stand about a snowballs chance in hell of recovering any money, it?s just possible the girl might lose her job as a result (fuck her face).

One thing is for sure, I won?t be visiting the Hog?s Breath Saloon after reading this - have visited the place before and it?s a shithole anyway.

ST

Hi,

"Guys are getting verbal abuse, laughed at, paying too much and now getting thumped. They are giving these whores far to much respect and they are mocking you."

This I do agree with. The girls in the farang areas do & say stuff they would *never* get away with in a Thai place.

Sanuk!

Was in Long Gun 2 years or so back, some girl started massaging my shoulders, then suddenly started to squeeze my throat very hard, and shaking me, I turned around, and slapped her hands quite hard, she had actually styarted taking the wind out of me...she laughed, and said something I didn't understand, and then started to act up, I decided best to leave. Wanted to smack her silly, but it would have made for a very bad time I am sure, with nothing to gain. Mamasan did comp me my drinks, and I left...

KS said

"This I do agree with. The girls in the farang areas do & say stuff they would *never* get away with in a Thai place."

This is why I stay, for the most part, out of the falang tourist areas. In the falang tourist areas, the prices are too high, the service is not very good and the attitudes suck!

In the non-falang tourist areas you are never asked for taxi fare. Never asked for more money. Always treated with respect and the cost is generally 1/3 of the falang tourist price.

Cost is one factor, but the Thai bar girl violence scene is the main reason why I stay out of those areas.

Looking at things from a different perspective, th Thai police are constantly finding bar girls using drugs. With the extra money they get, how much is spent on drugs? And was this bar girl who broke the glasses on drugs?

Archived