Anti-scene sentiment

khunsanuk

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shygye said:

IMHO the Bang na thread illustrates what is wrong with the board. You think a newbie after reading that thread would want to post his/her experiences? :(

what?!

can you please show me what that had to do with "newbie bashing"? on the contrary - i have been throughout that thread been polite and reasonable to anyone without much experience there, going out of my way trying to explain a very complex social situation.

the thread became nasty only when long term posters including a moddie (not newbies!) started calling my posts 'bullshit' etc. without presenting any facts to the contrary, personalising the whole thing.

if you want to point out some examples of deterring newbies then have a look at the MM thread (nasty mobbing by the vocal majority) and the soi slut threads where even other posters from different boards jumped on him. not that i like the bloke that much, but i do not take part in some mobbing attempt!

the only problem i see here is the same old thing of groups of people ganging up on some individuals. not one or the other individual presenting a confrontational opinion.

I have really cut down my posts.. maybe 1/10 of what they used to be. Mainly because it does not matter if you talk about church, Bang na, Board stats or whatever, the posts always end up in the same bitch session after 10 posts. Mainly by the same 10 guys, who just like to pick fights and abuse people. No thanks. Have better things to do.

belboy,

you say you have been to BKK 81 times , fair enough. Although I remember an earlier post of yours where you said you have been to Hongkong 120 times. Meaning you have been around 39 times without clean sanuk profile. Are you trying to tell us something and can't find the right words ? Did you have a boyfriend ? If you need help, talk to us , we will laugh you anyway.

BuBi , remember all like elephant

I still fail to see the "anti-scene" mentality. Compared to a few years ago when the posts were all "scene" oriented. I remember when almost every post was "where to get a daytimeBJ", "how much should I pay", "Thais are liars and cheaters", "My BG scammed me" and "does my BG love me".

I think what you have is a maturing group of posters who have been there and done that so to speak and thus contribute to the board in other ways which also includes giving opposing views to the "the scene is paradise" view. I think it is much better now that you have contrasting views that balance the misguided euphoria of the prostitution scene.

I look at the fact that you still have non newbie posters contributing as a testament to the success of the board because generally the maturing posters would simply dissapear because they don't identify with the core theme of the board and you would be totally dependent upon new blood to keep this site interesting. Instead of the board being simply a big "nightlife" oriented forum that only discussed bars, hookers, prices and guest friendly hotels, you know how multiple forums that discuss families, relationships, arts and culture, etc.

Look at the competing Thai nightlife boards and notice the down turn in posters, new posts and topics on the nightlife. Those other sites have turned into fraternities of a handful of oldtimers talking about hanging out with each other in the bars. Very one dimensional. Hell, if a newbie asked what was a fair price to pay a hooker, you would get 3 posts that would answer the question and 853 posts between members talking about where they were going to go drink and get laid that night or recounting war stories.

The board is okay, trust me if it wasn't this place would be a graveyard or even worse a handful of guys talking about the good old days and cracking inside jokes.

Keep in mind that all of those posters that bitch and whine about how they are leaving or stop posting somehow always seem to come back even though under another username.

rompandadam said:

>>sudden they post out of nowhere stating that, that's the reason why they stopped posting to begin with.<<

Not so...if you took the trouble to check you would see that I posted this morning shortly before KS started this thread...more like serendipity...

The fact is I have stopped posting (today excepted) because as KS kicks off; "it is no fun.....(see his original post).....but you are quite right that this board is not for me as it is presently constituted....just a tiny part of the reason why posts are down I suppose but appropriate to this thread dont you think?

In all fairness Romp I should not have singled you out. Accept my apologies.

Archived