P4P and this board - the poll

khunsanuk

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All,

Okay FlyW, since you insist on taking these poll numbers and twisting them to fit YOUR viewpoint let?s take a bit more of an in depth look at what you DO NOT include from these poll figures. Since you insist on continuing to dominate this discussion, and insist and keep beating all and sundry over the head with your views I will not feel guilty at once again interjecting my own thoughts and opinions, at least this one last time. Just to show how disingenuous your argument is, and how biased your selection of the numbers and interpretation of these are. My opinion, I know, and I'm entitled to it just as you and we all here are. Let?s see what the poll ACTUALLY says in its ?entirety?.

1.) Do you still P4P?

Users may choose only one (108 total votes)

Yes, frequently

35 32%

Yes, on occasion

31 28%

Hardly

22 20%

No

20 18%

KS did this poll and asked more than one question, FlyW. This first one was to figure out where the majority of the members interests lay. P4P or non-P4P. It seems to me by these answers we see here that at least 80% indulge in the P4P scene. Telling numbers wouldn?t you think? So 80% of the poll respondents still indulge to one degree or another in the scene. Hence you now know where you market interests are, to a fair degree. The main interest is/was in P4P, and really is/was the backbone of the board for a long time, and it was also the original drive for the genesis of this board. 18% do not indulge in the P4P scene for one reason or another. I include myself in these numbers, as I am married and do not play around on my wife. I?d say that this 18% includes most other members such as myself (and yourself as well I think) who now have a life partner or a steady lady they do not cheat on, wouldn?t you agree? These are an important number that you can not so cavalierly dismiss. Most members indulge. And most who do not "now" HAVE indulged before. This is KS? ?clientele base? so to speak, and the base he needs to cater to if he wants to grow and prosper.

2.) Who can use P4P?

Users may choose only one (108 total votes)

Anyone can

95 87%

Only single men / women

10 09%

No one should

3 02%

So, here we see that 87% of the members responding believe ANYONE can indulge themselves in the P4P scene. I think they see this as a right, a personal choice, and as the Thais are wont to say ?Up to THEM?. That is a clear majority wouldn?t you say? As you yourself say you are one of the 2 who voted that no one should be able to ?use? the P4P scene. I?d say you are really in the wrong place here to espouse your views. It?s a P4P board mostly, a clear majority participate in it, and the board reflects that, or at least used to until the PC crowd tried to take over, the board shows this and THIS POLL shows this, and the board is supplemented and made even more interesting with related subjects, topics, areas of interest, and such. For you and a few others it seems that somehow you?ve elected yourselves the board ?conscience?, and hammer your views home in each and every post that you disagree with. I find that presumptuous and really galling. Who are you? Jiminy Cricket? If you don?t like this, well, maybe this board isn?t for you? Maybe you should go elsewhere to a board that more reflects your own views and beliefs on these subjects. If we go by the numbers just from this small poll you are clearly outnumbered and are in an extremely SMALL minority of the board demographics.

3.) When did you last P4P?

Users may choose only one (110 total votes)

less than 1 month ago

41 37%

1- 6 months ago

35 31%

1/2 - 1 year ago

12 10%

1- 4 years ago

14 12%

more than 4 years ago

6 05%

never

2 01%

More interesting numbers here! 95% responding have indulged in the P4P scene. 78% of these within the past one freaking year! Does this ring any bells here? Can you not see where this is heading? Would you market this board to a different set of audiences? Or play to the highest demographic and cater to their desires and supplement the board with things that would be found desirable to this group? Or should KS create and mold the board and the topics within toward the 1% who have never indulged? They are certainly welcome to be members here, but they are hardly the majority and should not be able to demand much in the direction of the board, the subject matter, and should never be allowed to silence the majority by constant criticism, moralizing, and Jiminy Cricket guilt trips about their choice of venue or the ways they seek their pleasures in life. It?s their board really. They are the majority; the board was started just from this group of sanukers and friends, al involvd in the P4P scene. We have rules here prohibiting discussions on things illegal, but the morality of it all should be left to the individuals. Let them wrestle with their own consciences. It?s a board of guys who P4P, not exclusively, but dominantly so. We, KS and the mods, try to keep the more crass and obnoxious off of here, but we are not a group of choir boys here. The word fuck doesn?t shock most of us, nor do many of the subject matter and stories that ARE P4P related. The board is a discussion group about going with pros, let?s not forget this. No matter how much we ?gild the Lily? this is still the main reason most came here to begin with, and why a lot still do, and I?d say it is the draw for most newbies as well. To get info on the P4P scene, and now as we've grown the info includes all things Thai and things related to visiting and living in the LOS. Some now want to deny this, or are no longer participants of the scene they used to indulge in frequently, or have feelings of guilt about it, or want to try to legitimize the board into something it is not, just because they have ?evolved?, but hey, there are many forums here for them now if they don?t want to read about the P4P scene. And the numbers still prove this is still so. And really, just because some have "evolved" this really isn?t fair to the newbies who want to go through the same things we all did, the majority here have gone through in their experiences in the scene. You cannot just ignore these most pertinent figures and percentiles in the answers to these questions KS has posed, and just pick and choose what you feel will help your argument. Here I include ALL the stats so far, not as you do, just a couple to try and bolster your never-ending POV debate on this subject.

4.) What direction do you want the board to take?

Users may choose only one (109 total votes)

More nightlife oriented

27 24%

More general, but keep nightlife

23 21%

More general, less nightlife

5 04%

No need for change

54 49%

Check it out dude. First of all your ?majority? of those you say say there is ?no need for change? is not a majority at 49%. AND these saying they want no changes are saying they want the P4P stuff in here, which it already is. But take note here, there is a substantial number here, almost 25%, one quarter of the poll respondents that want an INCREASE in nightlife oriented subject matter. One quarter is a large percentage of the membership polled so far. 21% say ?more general, but keep nightlife?. (How much more general they want the board to go is beyond me. We cover a broad number of topics and subject matter here as it is!) But still want the nightlife stuff here. So now we come to the last group, 4 measly % want to have less nightlife here being discussed. So who should KS cater to? The freaking 4% who want less nightlife, or the 24% who would like more? If it was all about just dollars it would be a no-brainer really.

5.) Has the board stopped being 'fun' ?

Users may choose only one (110 total votes)

Yes

38 34%

No

53 48%

Don't know

19 17%

More telling numbers here. 34%, more than one third of the poll respondents say the board is less fun! 48% are happy, not even half the members if we go by the poll as being even close to being representative of the whole. 17% don?t even know if they?ve stopped having fun or not! Hardly an indictment for the sanuk factors and levels here. Half the time I think the guys here don?t complain much or want any change is because this is still the best board out there of its kind. People hate change. They?re afraid.

Understandable, but the world moves on, and there are problems here that need to be addressed if KS wants to improve the numbers and gain new membership. The PC crap drove a lot away, heavy handed moderating did damage as well I feel. There was a bias and an attitude that hurt the board in my opinion. I?m hoping KS is on the right path to making this a more inclusive and Sanuk board more like it used to be before the my-sanuk factions became so influential. Personally I think most members here will like the newer things KS is implementing and the board will once again rise above all others of this genre and be without peer.

6.) Do you think this board needs a name change?

Users may choose only one (109 total votes)

Yes

21 19%

No

64 58%

Do not care

24 22%

I personally think this would be crazy. Like changing the name of Chevrolet, or Heinz, or BMW. The brand name is famous and worth its weight in gold. What I?d do is start a totally separate NP-lite board with a different name which has no mention of P4P and is strictly info and discussion oriented without any of the nightlife stuff.

7.) Are there things missing on this board/site?

Users may choose only one (106 total votes)

Yes (please mention what in a separate post)

34 32%

No

72 67%

There are new things being added soon I think all the members will enjoy. And this will be an ongoing thing. What is needed is more input from the members, ALL the members, not just the vocal thread crashers who beat us to death with their opinions that we already know of, and a lot of us are usually a bit sick of hearing once again. And please, those of you who lurk here, take a minute and let us know what you think. Your input would be appreciated,as would the occasional post or question or opinion.

So here, by looking at ALL the questions and answers and seeing the stats I don?t think it takes a Brainiac to see which direction the board needs to focus on and what the members are interested in and what needs to be done. The numbers show the way. ALL the numbers, not just a chosen few stats from the whole.

Cent

finally the plan of executing a bush bore fruit finally. ;)

but, i am very sorry, mate, if you expect an answer, then please edit your post down at least 90% of the present volume. that tirade is strenous after the first chapter, and gets unbearable after the second. that was the point when i stopped reading.

i may be somewhat obsessive, but that is even for me a bit too much.

Many would not post whatever you do, change, expell people, or stay the same. I know a few people who have read the board for years with a handfull of posts between them. Why? they just don't want to post. I would stop worrying about the non posters-peter

Fly states:

"instead of constantly looking for what is wrong here, when things appearantly are more than OK for the vast majority of posters, people should learn to be content what they have."

You don't have to look far to see some of the things that are wrong here. When you see the numbers are falling what do you do? Make adjustments, figure out what the problem is, take a poll to see what others think and feel, discuss it and come up with options and scenarios which may help to "tune" the thing so it "runs better". Your view and assessment of the poll is totally skewed because you are "content" to let things remain as they are. Because YOU see no problems. KS does, as do others. It's not about fixing it, it's about refining it so it is better for all the passengers of this ride through NP.com. Not just for the FlyW-ster and his POV and likes.

Ah yes. Let's all be happy in our "contentment" with what we have. If we follow your attitude we'd all be sitting around in a cave dressed in furs and starting our fires by rubbing sticks together, and hunting our meat with stone tipped spears.

"why fix it if it ain't broken?"

No one is saying it's broken, its just getting a tune-up. The wheels were out of alignment, the spark-plugs were fouled and needing cleaning, the driver's seat was becoming too crowded, and the backseat drivers were a fucking pain in the ass. Do you wait for your car to break down before you fix it, even when you can hear a rattling noise, the muffler is louder than it should be, the front tires shake, and the engine skips a beat now and then, all still getting you where you need to go of course, but not as effeciently as it did when new? It's called preventive maintenance. It's a tune-up, a new paint job, a lube job, a new muffler (which should be applied first I think! :D ) and a few new gadgets to make the vehicle more comfortable and fun to drive. You'd rather we wait until it's broken before it gets fixed. Some of us would rather the preventive mainteance is done so it never breaks in the first place.

Cent

Don't forget the board already changed it's name once and now it has developed a lot of other sections, being named after a P4P area that fewer and fewer appear to spend as much time in as they once did seems increasingly unrepresentative. I always thought it an unfortunate name from the start.

If people think the board is less fun we ought to ask why-peter

:applause::bow::D:up:

Cent have you applied as KS's left hand or similar as you sure know exactly what this forum is about & where it should go. At least you put back the focus to the poll numbers & interpreted them nicely...

Can't wait to see how FlyW are going to shoot that post down :dunno:

Not that I would wish for FlyW to go, but rather wish for him to realise he's a clear minority in some of his views about P4P & that he really need to repect that fact & it soon.

Clearly he has lightended up over the years as have he enlightened many of us on all sorts of topics so lets hope we can all still co-exist on this potentially superiour all things thai & many things globally/Sanuk board :yay:

flyonzewall said:

finally the plan of executing a bush bore fruit finally. ;)

but, i am very sorry, mate, if you expect an answer, then please edit your post down at least 90% of the present volume. that tirade is strenous after the first chapter, and gets unbearable after the second. that was the point when i stopped reading.

i may be somewhat obsessive, but that is even for me a bit too much.

FlyW,

Chicken. Others will read it, and see that your arguments and numbers are totally biased and bullshit, held only for your benefit, and that you have no real interest in what is good for the board, the members "as a whole", and that your interpretation of the poll numbers is a crock of shit, highly selective and misleading, and far from comprehensive and accurate and in any way a part of "reality".

My post may be long, but quite a few here can read and comprehend, and will do so. Besides it doesn't clutter up the thread with endless posts from the same guy saying the same goddamned thing over and over and over and over ...

at least.

Later Fly. Have fun debating all day, and repeating yourself over and over until you actually believe you are right and convince a few others along the way through sheer volume and repetition.

Cent

(I'm outta here.)

>>>Others will read it,<<<

some people read telephone books, and volumes on taxlaw as well.

>>>BLABLABLA and that you have no real interest in what is good for the board, BLABLABLA<<<

very "sanuk" that post of your yours, indeed, and so...tolerant as well, and a very civil form of discussing, as this is not a debating board, but a discussion board for civil and sanuk filled open and tolerant exchange of opinions, humorous if possible, where posters are not judged. in order not to scare away potential future posters.

i think you are just in the process of doing a fabulous job out of presenting this board here at its best. indeed.

Archived