P4P and this board - the poll

khunsanuk

chuckwoww said:

Hmm....110 responses to the poll. Can I assume that over 5000 registered members don't give a toss? ::

i guess they are highly amused by that real life big brother show, mixed in a bit of jerry springer to spice it all up.

glad to be of service... :clown::soapbox:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chuck,

Let's let KS answer this one. He has the actual numbers and the "true" participation numbers. (Lurkers just lurk after all, and there could be thousands of lurkers who are registered members, as well as double ID's, those who are members but don't participate in polls and such, etc.) KS, what's Uh the deal here? How representative is this poll? I know the true numbers are a trade secret :) but how would you rate the accuracy of your poll here? (Hell 108 for just this short time is pretty good I think, over the next week hopefully more will take the poll, and put in their own comments and thoughts.

Cent

p.s. How about a short story Chuck for the Story section? I've a couple I'll be putting up soon. Also I'm waiting to hear back from TF and see what he has for us as well. Also I'd like to get a new story contest going next year around the 1st of January, and will be putting some of my own lucre into some prizes. Anyone wanting to contribute for prizes for a new writing contest please see KS and donate at Gulliver's of a Friday night. Nothing big, but every little bit of baht would help.

Is there anyway of telling how many of these 5000 ever log on, how many of these accounts are dead or people opening multiple log ons? These would be interesting stats. It seems like a whole lot of these accounts could be deleted if no posts and not logged on for say the last six months. How many regular posters are there, about 200 with maybe another 300 read only types? just guessing. I would like to hear from a non poster as to why they never post, but that's not likely is it-peter

Well as of now 937 people have viewed this thread. I suppose a lot of them are repeat visits. I've probably looked at it half a dozen times myself. And 110 have voted. I guess KS has a better idea of who's lurking and who actually posts.

Not sure about short stories at the moment Cent. I have been taken over by another persona lately. I actually like him better than chuckwoww. Chuck served his purpose but he was getting up my nose a bit. Such a fucking smartass. I hear he's on Samui now working on a screenplay. He has George Clooney in mind I think for lead and Oliver Stone for director. He might have changed his mind. After the 'Alexander' debacle Stone isn't exactly a Hollywood darling these days.

Anyway thanks for asking. :)

Cent,

I must protest! We must remember that comprehension and attention span are not part of Fly's vast (big, huge, more large, massive, bigger than yours - is what vast means Fly :) ) armoury of intelligent thought processes.

I do thank you for taking the time to interpret the poll properly, if any one needs a definitive answer to the big question, they can find it in your post.

I guess that Fly may one day get, is that other people may not always treat life with the same fervour (the state of being emotionally aroused and worked up - Fly this is you :) ) that Fly applies to his posts.

Fly is like the Soi dog behind the wire fence, whom everyone avoids as they walk past, often crossing to the other side of the road, because despite being behind a fence, the volume of the barking is such that the other side of the road is a little quieter. Problem is, like me, people can't resist crossing and giving the unfortunate mutt a poke with a pointed stick every now and then.

I guess I've left myself open to an outpouring of Vitriol (Fly, meaning is - bitterly abusive feeling or expression ) and opprobrium (scornful reproach or contempt).

But I think I'll keep walking down the Soi.

Cheers

Coss

flyonzewall said:but a discussion board for civil and sanuk filled open and tolerant exchange of opinions,

I'm amazed, you actually expressed an opinion that is inclusive of Sanuk "sanuk filled" and, surely an error on your part, tolerance? "tolerant exchange of opinions".

Are you sober? or shouldn't I ask?

Cheers

Coss

>>>Fly is like the Soi dog behind the wire fence,<<<

LMAO.

this is getting seriously abstruse now.

now, for ordinary people, can you please explain the connection between a call for more "sanuk" so that the board gets more "tolerant", and the mudslinging that this "discussion" has detriorated into?

that would be extremely fascinating.

FlyW,

Still no answer to cents question on your manipulation of the poll numbers to present the minority(you & another member?) as the majority on this very board?

Instead you just dismiss his clear post as 'too long'(your very own speciality is way too long boring repetitive posts) & blablahblaaaah!

Furthermore you keep avoiding the subject at hand & try to play on the sanuk on this board that is being watered down by other posters blahblaaahh.

Anyway thanks for your continous minority contributions & always making sure of closing all threads off with yet another repetition of your worldview.

now, boys, what do you really want?

do you expect me to flame you for the barrage of childish insults you let off? - sorry, nops. i won't do you that favor.

do you want me to debate in earnest the statistics of the result of some ridiculous poll on a virtual discussion forum where 109 posters took part in? - BWAHAHA - sorry, but there are far more interesting topics for me to get exited about. i just prefer to take them lighthearted, and in a spirit of *sanuk*. i am sorry that you couldn't get the joke, must be because i am german.

now, what the debate has shown me, is something completely different, but i won't bore you with my observations about human character and mass psychology, they are just my own private little joke.

so, guys, keep on debating, ohh so sorry - *discussing*, an issue i feel is nothing else anymore than pure laughing matter.

By baiting Fly surely you are inviting the very sort of reaction you seem so opposed to. I am surprised and saddened at this lets blame Fly for everything campaign. I don't agree with most of his posts but at least his posts are intelligent, articulate and he is pretty consistent in his views. Why can't people just ignore him if his opinions annoy them so much. The make up of boards like this is very interesting, there is very often a character who gets ganged up on as some sort of heratic.

Is anyone seriously suggesting that if he did not post for six months that this alone would lead to people posting more, or newbies not being frightend off, come on surely not.-peter

Archived