Is China A 'Paper' Tiger?

Steve

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch what happens once they finally stop pegging the WAN (Chinese) to the dollar...It will take allot of the steam out that economic engine. The Chinese government is clearly manipulating things here, once they become more transparent the house of cards will fall...

?Since no nation threatens China, one must wonder: Why this growing investment??

Since no nation threatens the USA, one must wonder: Why do they spend 10 times more than China for the military??

Beijing needs that hard cash flow to finance its growth,

The USA needs the cash inflow from China to finance its huge trade deficit.

its central bank is artificially undervaluing its currency to make its exports artificially cheap.

Nobody knows the real underevaluation but it is probably much less than what the congress tells you.

China has to counterfeit goods and steal technology through economic espionage.

Or through joint businesses or by buying western firms. But so has Japon and by now they are leading in a lot of fields.

?You can?t trust their GDP numbers. They?re at least 2% below what they advertise,?

The same is true for the USA which depends on the huge cash inflow of foreign countries to finance its double deficit.

we may be only propping up a corrupt communist regime while bankrolling its hegemonic military ambitions.

I agree totally, however I could not resist to note that most of your statements over China are equally true for the USA.

Best regards

However, could an economic downturn do what happened to Japan?

The economist bet is that the USA economy will downturn in a similar way what happend to Japon. (huge housing bubble)

Best regards

Hi!

Since no nation threatens the USA, one must wonder: Why do they spend 10 times more than China for the military?

Perhaps becuase there are nations and people that don't recognize Americas exclusive right to all natural resources on the planet. :neener:

regards

ALHOLK

There is an undercurrent of 'concern' amongst the government here regarding China's growing economic strength (justifiably or not, its the sentiment). Are there any such concerns in Europe regarding China?

Switzerland has a trade surplus with China :)

And no, not because of market protection actually the textil market was opened years ago. (Which is the reason why the imports of chinese textils grow only by 7 % this year and swiss companies still produce high tech textiles).

Best regards

American soldiers are not something I would loke to se in my country.

They are not worse than our own soldiers. Have you ever been in the military? Then you should know how young men behave.

Best regards

Hi!

Like most Swedish men in my age group I have been in the army (conscript) and yes I do know how young men behave. I also know that Swedes, like most Euroepeans, aren't as violent and murderous as Americans. Pro primo very few European countries have the death penalty. I beleive that this is even a criteria for joining the EU. Pro secunda basic training is also an issue. I had 10 months and I wasn't even in a combat position. I saw on an interview on CNN that young US marines that were sent to the gulf in the first invasion had 4 months. A Swedish officer that served in Bosnia told me once that lower ranking American soldiers are taught to shut down their brains and follow any order in detail while most European soldiers are taught to solve given problems on their own. Also during my basic training we were thouroghly briefed about international laws and conventions and also the right to refuse to follow an illegal order. This right was established at the Nurnbergh trials with among others American judges.

Btw I don't want to see any foreign soldiers in my country. I strongly beleive in everybody's right to kill foreign soldiers that have invaded their country and this includes the Iraqi.

regards

ALHOLK

"Btw I don't want to see any foreign soldiers in my country. I strongly beleive in everybody's right to kill foreign soldiers that have invaded their country and this includes the Iraqi.

"

UHHHH , everyones right ?

I think you need to rethink this, If you were even thinking when you wrote it !

Archived