Is China A 'Paper' Tiger?

Steve

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"In case you are not aware, this boeard will tolerate politics as long as it's against America. "

Wrong, this board will tolerate politics if the discussion is kept civil.

And from how I read this thread it was you who first broke that rule of conduct.

Furthermore, seeing that the current US government feels it has the right to dictate how the rest of the world needs to behave, I think it is only natural that many non-Americans feel they therefore have the right to complain about US government policies as they affect more than just US citizens.

Regardless, unless this thread gets back on topic (i.e. China), it will be closed.

Sanuk!

About China:

::

Though, history can not (and should not) be predicted, the history of china's past could shred some light:

- decisive/rapid changes in china could be tricky, especially changes induced by western influences.

Remember the tai-pings/boxers wars, I am afraid that the actual political situation could degenerate.

The government is still communist (maoist) and though the intelectuals-students-young people become more and more westernized, "the old guard" is still communist and they still command the army.

(marxism+confucianism = a different point of view from ours)

some years ago the mining sector made some protests => officialy a few thousands deads.

Will China make the transition? I think yes

peacefully? I think no

They have to retake taiwan before the JO though (semi-joke)

::

my 2 satangs

I stayed out of my own post for a few days and things have ignited...hehe...

A Chinese company is trying to buy Unocal, one of our largest oil companies. The government is 'reviewing' the bid. I'd say yes, if they inherit Iraq with it...JOKING, sorry, no politics.

The one thing that helps continued investment in western countries with each other is transparency. The accounting regulatoins may differ somewhat beteen America, France, England, etc. but they all have the rule of law and established, accounting practices.

Does China have either? A Dutch company who files a lawsuit against an American company in America may have a disadvantage to a certain extent but they will get a fair trial and a day in court and stand a good chance of winning if the facts are in their favor. Things such as subpoenas that they have the right to helps a lot.

Right now things look good for China though.

Hi!

so anytime you see a foreign soldier that you think is occupying your country then its shot to kill

You have misinterpreted my post. What I stated was that every people in every nation on the planet has the right to defend their country. What I was pointing to was that Iraqia who kill Amrican soldiers are not by definition terrorists but possibly perfectly legal freedomfighters.

I assume northern Ireland is included ,

and all the UN peacekeepers because one side thinks the UN is occupying their land,

Northern Ireland as an example is a teritory disputed by a minority of it's inhabitants just a Spanish Basque. It is not invaded by foreign troups. As for UN peace keepers they are mostly lightly armed and sent to areas to keep conflicting sides apart. This does not mean that they always are in the right place. As a Swedish officer expressed once in an interview - "Tehre is no point in sending peace keeping troups to an area where there is no peace to keep".

Nice place this will be,

It would be even nicer if every country kept their soldiers at home.

regards

ALHOLK

Guest lazyphil

I understand alot of so called freedom fighters in Iraq are in fact not Iraqis but people from Arab countrys stirring up the shit for Iraqis, even blowing up bombs killing innocent civilians. Why cant these cockroaches go back to their respective countrys and let the Americans get on with the job in hand giving freedom from power blackouts no water supplys etc

Off topic why does the Battle of Trafalgar re-enactment in the Solent have to be red V Blue, instead of England kicking Frances ass 200 years ago, NUTS! ;):scared::chili::topic::grinyes:

Big_Kahuna said:

Most Iraqis are damned glad the Americans are there, and the invaders are the jihadists coming from outside the country. You're just spouting typical Eurotrash anti-Americanism that makes me continue to be sorry we ever stooped to saving Europe in the last century.

Always makes me laugh when I hear Americans talking this crap, 'we saved you, you owe us' 'if it wasn't for us you'd all be speaking Russian'.

Listen, America as one of your ex-president's once remarked 'IS business'. And who was your largest and most important market from the late 19th century onwards, yes Europe.

All America was doing in the 2nd world war was protecting its markets for the future. Case in point, how much did Coca-Cola and GE make in Europe from 1945-2000, versus how much they both make in Russia during the same timeperiod.

Without Europe as a trade partner from say 1940-1990 America wouldn't be half the country it is today. And of course never forget that war is always good news for America when it comes to making money.

So if you look at the idea that the US entered WW2 as a strategic business decision, what a great move that was.

Same reasons it's in Iraq. Setting its business agenda for the future.

Hi!

"In case you are not aware, this boeard will tolerate politics as long as it's against America. "

In my experience it's the other way around. It is when a thread starts criticizing the US that it stands at risk yo be closed. Calling arabs towel heads or bashing Germany for their nazi past has been tolerated.

regards

ALHOLK

Hi!

I understand alot of so called freedom fighters in Iraq are in fact not Iraqis but people from Arab countries stirring up the shit for Iraqis, even blowing up bombs killing innocent civilians.

I am fully aware of this and have never expressed support for them. On the other hand if someone from someone from another country will go there and join the legal resistance they have every right to do so.

Why cant these cockroaches go back to their respective countrys and let the Americans get on with the job in hand giving freedom from power blackouts no water supplys etc

Cut out the bullshit. The yanks are only there for Iraqi oil and don't give a flying fuck about the Iraqi people just as they didn't when they originally armed Saddam.

:topic: Extremely off topic but did you know where the famous "fuck off/upp your's" fingers came from. It came from the battle of Aaczincourt (spelling?) where French scared shitless of the English long bowmen. The French vowed to cut off the draw fingers of any long bowman they caught. The English taunted the French by holding up and displaying their draw fingers.

<end of off topic>

regards

ALHOLK

Archived