Stickman this week regarding violence .

jitagawn

even Pattaya127 disputed this, strangely

-------------------------------------

No, I did not. since it is now clear I am not in disagreement with Oran or KS.

It was just a general take that to say "I know better about everything because i stay longer", is not enough in my book. We all have good teachers we fondly remember, but that does not mean someone who is "supposed" to know, really knows, or can bypass his own subjectivity.

None of us, I'd hope, is bowing to that logic, for the sake of it.

Many farangs in thailand are in a strange warp, with ready-made assumptions they repeat ad-nauseam, bearing little insight to the world they live in, and even less (insight) to their own inner disquieting.

many know, but not everything, far from it.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FIGJAM said:
jjsushi said:

Your fellow expat Fig is the one that paints the picture that Thailand is violent country ready for a peoples revolution and the disenfranchised villagers will be marching on BKK to pillage, loot and kill.

Since you said that you are not reading my posts anymore, please avoid mentioning them and what YOU THINK that I am saying.

If you can't help talking about me, please report actual quotes (and their context since you don't like "snippets") from my posts.

Dude stop your bellyaching! That is the impression I get with all of your gloom and doom talk. What pisses you off more? The fact that you think you are misunderstood? The fact that some poeple disagree with you or the fact that I asked you to modify the way you interact with me?

You are definitely not ready for THE SUSHI!

Hi,

"Are you f@cking serious? Dude I am revoking any semblance of a ghetto pass you may have stolen from someone. Sounds like you copped your post out of Newsweek magazine. Don't you ever post some crap like this again!"

JJ, chill out! Your posts are becoming more and more personal, which is *not* something I like to see here.

Sanuk!

jjsushi said:

But Thailand has never had anything near the devastation that inner cities went through with crack in the 80's.

Of course not. Thailand in the 80's was too busy fighting a civil war. No time for US style violence there. ::

Anyhow, i am aware of the inner city problems in the states. What you appearantly do simply not get, is, that the development of the last few years in Thailand goes into a similar direction, only in a far larger scale due to Thai demographics.

Please stop comparing the US with Thailand. Even though the US has certain pockets of third world specifics, it still is largely a modern western middle class nation. Thailand is a developing nation.

While in the US only a rather miniscule sector of society are directly affected by inner city gang problems, in Thailand it is at least 50% of the population. The US has a rather stable modern economy, Thailand is a country with an economy that collapses every decade or so.

The society after the '97 went through huge changes in Thailand. It combines now the leftovers of a semi feudal society with problems caused by modern developed society (such as youthgangs in urban areas).

My point here is that Thailand is on the verge of the devastation that America saw in the inner cities. Only that in Thailand a far larger percentage of the population will be directly affected. So far, we are lucky here that access to automatic weapons is very limited. Fortunately youth gang wars here are still mainly fought with machetes, ping pong ball granates, zipguns, and once a while a hand gun.

If you would stop ignoring demographics and economical factors specific to Thailand you might get what i am "babbling" about,...Dude...

And to your personal assumptions - you are rather wrong there. I do not enter the more depressed areas of town and the villages because i "feel adventurous", but because i have to. Neither was Thailand ever a paradise for me, no bubble burst there. Also, Thailand was not the first, or only place i encountered violence. As i already mentioned, you do not have a monopoly on a violent upbringing. I just fail to see the relevance of my upbringing, or the many places in which have lived/worked/visited to the topic at hand.

khunsanuk said:

Hi,

"Are you f@cking serious? Dude I am revoking any semblance of a ghetto pass you may have stolen from someone. Sounds like you copped your post out of Newsweek magazine. Don't you ever post some crap like this again!"

JJ, chill out! Your posts are becoming more and more personal, which is *not* something I like to see here.

Sanuk!

KS, the guy called my post bullshit as if he is some Source Magazine HIp-Hop editor @ large writer. He challenged me. I had to take him out like a headshot in Counterstrike. I had to shoot him down. That will teach him to believe everything he reads in TIME magazine.

I don't get personal, I just give what I get.

This is such a bad example that I gotta call bullshit on just about everything you relate on urban America.

jjsushi said:

Dude stop your bellyaching!

It's the effect of the raw fish.

Meat and fish, I always cook before eating...

That is the impression I get with all of your gloom and doom talk.

It seems you are not reading it anymore and this has unfortunately not helped your understanding of it.

What pisses you off more?

I'm not pissed, I'm playing with you.

The fact that you think you are misunderstood?

I am definitely misunderstood by you and some others yet perfectly understood by others. Guess who's got a problem.

The fact that some poeple disagree with you or the fact that I asked you to modify the way you interact with me?

I've replied to this one. I am not going to cripple my posts to make it easier for you to understand. Sorry.

You

I

are

am

definitely

definitely

not

too

ready

sexy

for

for

THE

this

SUSHI!

thread!

Fuck I'm Good Just Ask Me

sourkraut said:

While in the US only a rather miniscule sector of society are directly affected by inner city gang problems,

That is the fallacy that many want to believe. The "gangs as you call them are in the suburbs as well as rural states such asKansas, iowa, Arkansas, etc. They are everywhere, only now they are a hell of alot more sophisticated in the structure and organizational skills. They run their business like a Fortune 500 company now. Their distribution networks span the entire country. They are into everything from dope dealing, gun running, car chopping, identity thefts, welfare fraud, cargo heists, etc. They affect the average populace more than you may know.

If you would stop ignoring demographics and economical factors specific to Thailand you might get what i am "babbling" about,...Dude...

Your babbling becuase you ain't saying anything that I don't already know. Read my points that I shouted in caps in my previous post to you. Those are the issues and they have nothing to do with demographics, etc, etc.

In case u can't grasp what I am saying it appears to be that I am not really in disagreement with your basic tenets. It is just your lecturing that turns me off, professor. Along with you and the Figs' alarmist manner. Sort of like chicken little and the sky is falling stuff.

pattaya127 said:

KS is right, JJ, let it go, it's not worth it. I have no idea what FJ writes

Yet you keep writing about me, my posts and what YOU THINK that I meant. I have let it go for several posts already.

If you can't help talking about me and my arguments, do report actual quotes from my posts and let the others extrapolate what I meant by them since your interpretations of my arguments are as close to the truth as you are to gaining Thai citizenship...

Archived